New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,

I am due for service next week, still haven't found any LSD oil for my trooper. Also kailangan bang synthetic ang gear oil nito? Or I can just use the LS90 of mobil?

Also have anyone tried purchasing Petron All terrain at pandacan? Mas mura daw kasi dun? I plan to buy one box so hoping to get volume discount.;)

Thanks in advance for all your reply

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Isuzu's LSD oil is not synthetic so you can use Mobil's LSA90. It's about P280/L if you buy a box of 12L. Trooper uses 3L for rear diff.

A box of Petron all terrain has 6L only, you'll need 8L for the trooper's 4JX1 engine.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jackaroo, Thanks for that information... where can I purchase these? thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I doubt it if you can purchase lubricants from oil depots. Centralized ang dispersal ng products from Makati offices to Pandacan or Batangas depots. Unless may kakilala kayong service station that will order the oils for you.

At kakaunti lang po ang patong ng service stations sa oil, more or less P10-20 pesos lang per liter.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    The mobil LSA90 is available thru Capital inds, along Boni S, cubao.

A friend buys from Petron pandacan, about P220/L but only by box of 6L.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Sa may alabang auto circle din ako naghanap ng LSD oil. Ang nagoffer sa akin ay Tune up master, Mobilube LSA 90 - 400/liter. Tapos 180 ang labor. Castrol Hypox B 90 - 180/liter, not sure kung puwede LSD although its clearly GL-5. Pumunta muna ako sa Nissan Westgate 352/liter lang. May initial confusion kung puwede sa LSD ito, kasi 1 Nissan staff said that they use another oil for LSD which was not available at that time. Anyway I bought it and had my truck serviced at Calter, 75 pesos only.

The mechanic at Caltex was also hesitant since he was not familiar with the oil, he was only familiar with Castrol and Caltex (not available at that time) LSD oils.

I went on to replace the oil, since the old one was drained already. I also remember reading about Mobil LSA here. Tuneup master and Nissan westgate (although with some confusion first) gave this oil for LSD. Right now I am still thinking if I did put the right oil, anyone here can give me a peace of mind? The text on the bottle is french and I am sure its GL-5, not sure if its for LSD. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    using babelfish, it seems parang pang lsd ata ang Mobilube LSA 90

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakowsss hindi pa rin pala kami nagpapalit nang lsd oil....

buti nabasa ko to...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    jkyamog
    If you bought Mobil LSA 90 then not to worry. It's really made in France and spec'd for lsd.

I've been using that for the last 40k kms w/out any problems. Change it every 20k km though.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LSD oils can also be used as Gear oils right?

like sa passenger cars. :D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Limited Slip Differential