New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    by Hicko
    Just started a new job in a coal mine west of Brisbane and this is the land of the Hilux. The Triton looks very lonely in the car park surrounded by 20 or so new Hiluxs and a couple of Navaras .
    I have been driving the Navara ( 75000kns on the clock)around the mine site until the Triton get the proper light set up installed.
    I am not impressed with it. I keep stalling the motor on takeoff because it has no low down talk compared to the Triton. The ride is the same bit the seats are a bit better. Although after setting in the Navara seats for an extended drive (250km) I was getting a bit uncomfortable. The triton seats after 95000kms fit me perfectly and are very good over a long drives.
    The Navara drives more like a petrol engine vehicle and revs up to 5000rpms. About the same noise level as the Triton but a bit quieter at idle. It used more fuel than the Triton about a 100kms less under the same conditions per tank and the lack of torque is noticeable at higher revs . The motor seems to work a lot harder than the Triton for the same results and I would suspect ware out a lot quicker. The gear box to is a bit mushy when changing and has long throughs between gears, but it doesn’t have a transfer case gear stick to get in the way. (Switch on the dash)
    I haven’t driven a Hilux yet for any extended amount of time to compare it with the Triton, but no doubt that time will come.
    I am glad that I have the opportunity to compare the vehicles under the same working conditions.
    If the New Triton motor is anything like the Navara I won’t be buying one next time around and that may be sooner than later with the lengthy kms. that I am clocking up getting.
    I won’t be buying a Navara and I may have to jump the fence to a new Hilux and chip it with one of Monsters DMS Piggy Back or go to the new Challenger if it come out with the 3.2 diesel or even a Pajero.
    Only time will tell.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    that is really a very nice comparison you have made sir....

I'm glad that you are truly satisfied with the triton....and you've proven its capabilities through the test of time...

though I think this thread would also be appropriate on the car comparison thread...

and if I may ask what is the engine of the triton that you have clocked 95,000kms in? is it a 2.5 or a 3.2?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by truckesh View Post
    by Hicko
    Just started a new job in a coal mine west of Brisbane and this is the land of the Hilux. The Triton looks very lonely in the car park surrounded by 20 or so new Hiluxs and a couple of Navaras .
    I have been driving the Navara ( 75000kns on the clock)around the mine site until the Triton get the proper light set up installed.
    I am not impressed with it. I keep stalling the motor on takeoff because it has no low down talk compared to the Triton. The ride is the same bit the seats are a bit better. Although after setting in the Navara seats for an extended drive (250km) I was getting a bit uncomfortable. The triton seats after 95000kms fit me perfectly and are very good over a long drives.
    The Navara drives more like a petrol engine vehicle and revs up to 5000rpms. About the same noise level as the Triton but a bit quieter at idle. It used more fuel than the Triton about a 100kms less under the same conditions per tank and the lack of torque is noticeable at higher revs . The motor seems to work a lot harder than the Triton for the same results and I would suspect ware out a lot quicker. The gear box to is a bit mushy when changing and has long throughs between gears, but it doesn’t have a transfer case gear stick to get in the way. (Switch on the dash)
    I haven’t driven a Hilux yet for any extended amount of time to compare it with the Triton, but no doubt that time will come.
    I am glad that I have the opportunity to compare the vehicles under the same working conditions.
    If the New Triton motor is anything like the Navara I won’t be buying one next time around and that may be sooner than later with the lengthy kms. that I am clocking up getting.
    I won’t be buying a Navara and I may have to jump the fence to a new Hilux and chip it with one of Monsters DMS Piggy Back or go to the new Challenger if it come out with the 3.2 diesel or even a Pajero.
    Only time will tell.

and also sir....I already took the liberty to post your thread on the STRADA/TRITON thread.....I hope you don't mind...

thanks!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sir truckesh, forum rules dictate that you have to include the link from where you took the article / narrative from. Kindly comply. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    Sir truckesh, forum rules dictate that you have to include the link from where you took the article / narrative from. Kindly comply. Thanks.
    posted by Hick * land down under utes forum.

Really like this tsikot, seems showbiz, more intrigues, say when smokey Nav reacted on TP'arch pix.
    IMO, nothing wrong, basically this forum is all about cars / utes.
    nothing personal. Am not driving a nav nor a triton but its a challenge to owners on how they maintain their rigs.
    All these utes are nice but one thing, triton is well priced.

life at the coal mine by hicko