Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    guys, which of the ff has lesser noise:
    - Santa Fe & Tucson
    - Fortuner & Innova (same engine ata?)
    - Mitsubishis

thanks

as i know-->hyundai/kia CRDis and ford's duratorqs are the quietest around...

wag ka umasang tahimik ang d4d-->most d4ds, especially innovas sa parking lot are still has noise-->but not as noisy as the xwind's engine...pero comparable to that..kung anu tunog ng 2L at 3L halos ganun, may times na tahimik at pino pa tunog ng C-series ng toyota(2c-t japan or 3c-t)

4d56-crdi is quite tahimik as hyundai's crdi

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    as i know-->hyundai/kia CRDis and ford's duratorqs are the quietest around...

wag ka umasang tahimik ang d4d-->most d4ds, especially innovas sa parking lot are still has noise-->but not as noisy as the xwind's engine...pero comparable to that..kung anu tunog ng 2L at 3L halos ganun, may times na tahimik at pino pa tunog ng C-series ng toyota(2c-t japan or 3c-t)

4d56-crdi is quite tahimik as hyundai's crdi
    so, konti lang pala ang nabawas sa 2L revo namin ung mga d4d's...

tnx

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yung sakin hindi naman maingay.. tdci duratorq engine for the eve.. ok naman.. another thing that we can do to minimize noise with the eve i think is by replacing the stock filter to knn or simota..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In my experience, ibang klase talaga yung sa Hyundai, but the quietest I've driven so far is the Focus TDCi. It's not the same engine family as in the Ranger-Everest... which is a little noisier.

As it stands:
    1. Focus
    2. Hyundai/Kia/Mitsubishi
    3. (close) Ford
    4. Toyota D4D (but it's not as bad as older non-CRDi models... noisier in the Innova, less so in the Fortuner)

Don't know much about Isuzu's, I've never had a chance to compare.

Whichever you choose, no CRDi sounds as bad as the "old school diesels" do.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    +1 on niky on the Focus TDCi's noise level (heck - with his overall noise level rating).

And no, the lesser noise isn't just because of the Focus' superb NVH (inside) but even outside of the vehicle. It still isn't as ghost quiet as a spanking new gasoline engine but it's almost as noisy as a 5-year old gasoline engine needing some tappet adjustments.

Though the Hyundai/Kia tandem actually started this "less noise" diesel movement with the Kia Sorento's CRDi engine.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Whichever you choose, no CRDi sounds as bad as the "old school diesels" do.
    Oh yes. Please also take note that the variants that you mentioned have different interior sound insulations, especially behind and under the dash. So I guess we can say that even if there are two or three similar engine sound decibels among them, the noise suppression from the cabin may vary from model to model.

There are also others who consider engine noise from the outside (like standing in front of the car) in their criteria which, for me, is irrelevant since we drive with the aircon on most of the time anyway .

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by praktikal View Post
    so, konti lang pala ang nabawas sa 2L revo namin ung mga d4d's...

tnx
    some stock 2L Revo though has loud bass exhaust. d4d is still noisy. peru mas less nga sa Fortuner compared to Innova. Toyota C-diesel series has been used in old Corolla and Camry and its more silent than d4d.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Pag nagpapa-fuel ako sa gas stations, minsan may mga nangungulit, tanong nang tanong kung diesel ba talaga yung makina ng SantaFe. masyado daw tahimik. Lagi kong sinasabi, nakalagay sa fuel cap, diesel e.

siguro sanay lang sila sa maingay na diesel.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Pag nagpapa-fuel ako sa gas stations, minsan may mga nangungulit, tanong nang tanong kung diesel ba talaga yung makina ng SantaFe. masyado daw tahimik. Lagi kong sinasabi, nakalagay sa fuel cap, diesel e.

siguro sanay lang sila sa maingay na diesel.

uy, dapat pala talagang bantayan mo baka gaso ang ilagay, hehe. so u mean medyo tahimik sya in and out? wow!

chief, oks ba talaga ang SF kc parang na love at first sight ako dyan e. sulit ba ang 500k difference nya sa tucson? ganda talaga ng interior nyan -- laway!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
"less noise" Diesel Vehicle?