New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by beepskie
    sir, maybe i could help out on restoring your kombi.... i know a auto shop specializing on kombi's

txt or call 09178738246

Sige...but i'm from Cavite...and i work in Makati...is your autoshop near any of these areas?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice van...just paint a bunch of flowers and peace signs on the outside and you're all set :D

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by M54 Powered
    nice van...just paint a bunch of flowers and peace signs on the outside and you're all set :D
    oh, i wil.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by the_wildthing
    Sa Extra Challenge may Kombi gamit nila ngayon. ;)
    watch that show regularly too..hehehe aliw yung van nila..should've fiixed the seatbelts also though, imo. safety first.

papa_ramir,

nice project there! dream ko rin mag project car na kombi sometime in the future too!
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    papa_ramir::: Don't forget to check your water level inside the radiator. :D :bwahaha:

(joke!)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by papa_ramir
    Sige...but i'm from Cavite...and i work in Makati...is your autoshop near any of these areas?

i See. medyo malayo ka pala..... but i know some guys who is restoring beetles and kombi's on your area.. cge ill check them muna sir.

anyways tiga Q.C. po ako.. malapit sa sm north edsa yung talyer na sinasabe ko....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    cool yang project mo papa ami. pasakay na lang pag ready na yang kombi mo. :nerd:

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by simpatiko
    cool yang project mo papa ami. pasakay na lang pag ready na yang kombi mo. :nerd:
    hehehe. Eduardo De Jesus, ikaw ba yan?:D

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Kombi Update!

Naiuwi ko na siya sa Cavite! Woohoo! Tagaktak ang pawis ko sa pagda-drive sa Expressway. Whew!

Noong sabado ng hapon, between 5 and 6pm, i backed out of the VW garage near Marikina Riverbanks. We, myself and my brother and sister, drove in convoy thru the riverbanks complex thru to C5 via the Industrial Valley-Libis-Eastwood route. My top speed on the Kombi thru this route was around 70 to 80kph which was not bad at all. New front shocks, steering post, brake fluids, a newly tuned-up engine, and a healthy topping of engine oil are to be credited for this fleeting performance. Why "fleeting," you ask? Well, read on. We turn out from C5 to the South Luzon Exressway(SLEX) and are welcomed by glorious, early saturday evening traffic, the kind your driver always told you about but never believed. We pushed head on, as if we had any other choice. 8pm came and went, and we were still on the SLEX. A third and a quarter past Sucat, heading towards Alabang. Filinvest exit, and then sneaking off behind the ATC towards Daang Hari. No hang-ups so far. Molino Road greets our determined convoy with fresh Cavite air. A few more minutes and we drive thru our subdivision gates. Home at last! Sinigang na hipon with ice cold Coke 1.5! Tsalap!

Sunday morning.

Wife(1) and kids(2 boys and a baby girl) in tow. Pink Sisters in Tagaytay. Jollibee brunch. Left at the Tagaytay Rotonda, then down a bit to the santa Rosa turn-off. Drizzling but everything's just right as rain. A bit hazy so i turn on the hazzard lights(they're actually the Kombi's park lights but hey). We reach the Santa Rosa tollgate and drive on thru to the Balibago complex. We're heading towards Cabuyao to visit my in-laws. We get there safel and sound. Generally, a pleasant drive. Now, do you remember "fleeting"?

We decide to head back home to Cavite around 4pm. I decide to take the SLEX, turn-off at Carmona and head towards the Molino-Paliparan road that connects Laguna to Cavite. I proudly navigate thru the zigzag that snakes its way up the Carmona road. Two bridges after the zigzag, it happens. My clutch starts to slide. We have another half hour of travel until we reach home. First gear, then second. My stickshift isn't as sticky as its name implies... Stuck in third gear until we reach our turn-off to Molino-Paliparan road. Fourth gear. Stuck again.

We're home by 7pm. We made it out of sheer luck. Driving home in third gear isn't fun at all.

My mechanic is scheduled to look at the Kombi's shot transmission on Saturday.

Abangan.....
    Last edited by papa_ramir; August 10th, 2004 at 03:46 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi, everyone. Does anybody here know the number of ernest mossman. i heard he's specializing in kombi works. i think he is from marikina. thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Kombi Van