New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ey!

Got some decisions to make..

My dad assembled a Diesel engine car (not really a car cause it looks like a tamaraw FX but bigger(like a '90 Pajero body). He used a Fuzo diesel engine and it's still running great. Only problem is the body. Hindi pinapinturahan nun kase ginamit nya panghatak ng mga sasakyan na inaayos nya. (We had an on-call mechanic business before he went to the US)

So this "car" has been running since 1996 and i don't know if i should spend my money in repairing the body or buying a 2nd hand car. This is going to be a major body repair as most part of it have rust and yung iba mejo butas na. Kaso nakakapanghinayang yung engine. 15-20kms/L lang consumption nya...sobrang low maintenance pa.

The car i'm planning to buy is a 92 Mits Galant GTI. I like the engine at ang porma pero it's not economical. So what?what?what? What am i gonna do?Aarrrgghhhh!!!

What yah think bros? and gals?

Do i go for body repair and stick with the diesel engine or should i just sell it and buy the galant?

In case you think body repair's a better decision, can you give me an idea who can get it done and how much?

Thanks tsikoteer bros and sis!!!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    IMHO iba pa rin ang branded na sasakyan kesa assemble, mas safe pa rin patakbuhin compared to assembled vehicles.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    oki...i'll keep that in mind...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    benta mo nalng.. its gona giv u more headache sooner... tama c syuryuken....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pang negosyo ng dad mo yung assembled vehicle pero ngayong nasa states na kamo sya eh di mo naman yata kailangan iyan pang araw araw kaya ibenta mo na lang imbes pa pagkagastusan mo pa....

kung fuel economy ang concern mo wag na lang galant ang bilhin mo...bili ka na lang ng kotseng may makinang 1.3l or 1.6l...dami naman magandang ibang kotse dyan bukod sa galant...silipin mo na lang sa Car Talk section...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    It aint that easy to sell it cause of its aesthetic condition but is 92 GTI a good buy? I saw some adds here and the price is kinda not within my budget..any suggestions of a car that can bring me from Quezon province to manila every other week without too many problems?

Budget's from 100-140..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the car has no sentimental value for you, then sell it na.

How about a kia? Of course its not as maporma as a galant gti pero its economical and from what the owners here say, parts are very easy to find and cheap too.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    papalitan mo ng body gawin mong hammer... or an AMC toy car... look for Jappy

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yeah, gawin mong hammer. ganda nyan, economical pa.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316
    papalitan mo ng body gawin mong hammer... or an AMC toy car... look for Jappy
    I agree on this one....astig looking pa...

since taga quezon ka pala kabayan eh puntahan mo na lang sa Lucena si Jappy (Alana Motor Works) and have a quotation from their shop......then you can compare the cost of having your old oil burner body repairs and buying a 2nd hand Galant GTi...please be reminded that since you are planning to buy an old car there is a big chance that there will be a repair works and parts replacements as well....

then you can clearly decide based on your budget w/c is a more conducive alternative.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Keep or Sell?