New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Japan and Korea Made What's the different?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on the brand. Some Japanese brands have superior build quality. Some don't.

What's more important for the long term reliability of the vehicle is the engineering. Some Japanese engines and mechanical design aren't any more durable than Koreans.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Right now, the Japs still have the long lead.

Pero the Koreans have been catching up fast in the area of build quality and reliability.

I've seen this myself.

For example, the Santa Fe (which was launched last year) was an SUV that had somewhat of a messy interior. The unit I saw (yung sa Manila Motor Show) had messy AC control layout and messy stereo layout.....with the steering wheel only having a so-so design (not bad but not good either).

I wasn't really impressed with Korean vehicles then (well maybe except the Tucson, Matrix, Getz and Accent......a bit) and I would never consider any Korean car.

Then, come one year after, the Veracruz came along.

It was a shocker during the Motor Show and I was exhilerated as to how much the Koreans have improved in a span of just one year. Unbelievable.

The quality of the seats, the meter instrumentation (best I've seen from the Koreans ever aside from the Elantra), the layout of the AC controls and stereo unit (Inifinity 8-speaker sound system), the utilization of Smart Entry System in-conjunction to the memory seat programmes (dual-profile), power adjustable seats, standard 4WD/AWD, 3.0 V6 CRDI Diesel Engine, LED tail lamps, HID Xenon headlamps, full safety features and so much more.

This is indeed the best I've seen from the Koreans and there's no doubt about it. Talagang tinitira niya ang Nissan Murano in a very fierce competition.

This is gonna be one heated battle as to who reigns supreme over the other.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Koreans and Japanese are also having a fierce battle in golf courses around Asia. malamang nagkakapersonalan na ito mga execs na ito at dalhin na sa kanya kanya kumpanya ang laban

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
    Right now, the Japs still have the long lead.

Pero the Koreans have been catching up fast in the area of build quality and reliability.

I've seen this myself.

For example, the Santa Fe (which was launched last year) was an SUV that had somewhat of a messy interior. The unit I saw (yung sa Manila Motor Show) had messy AC control layout and messy stereo layout.....with the steering wheel only having a so-so design (not bad but not good either).I wasn't really impressed with Korean vehicles then (well maybe except the Tucson, Matrix, Getz and Accent......a bit) and I would never consider any Korean car.

Messy ba tawag pag maraming features? this interior is a lot more functional and reasonable that my 8th gen Civic's "higtech" interior. even sound quality is better.

the Vera Cruz ofcourse is in a different league compared to it's younger siblings (Santa Fe, Tucson, Sonata etc).

where is that long lead? sorry, OT.

i've owned 2 Japanese cars (8tyh gen USDM Civic and 1.3 City, not SUV though) and a Korean suv. here's my take...

Generally speaking, Korean cars(hyundai/kia) now have more usefullfull features, better built quality( Hyundai's door slam sound is more solid) and have more well thought-off details in terms of interior/exterior.while Jap cars are begiinning to be "tacky", IMO.

But nothing quite comes close to their(Koreans) CRDI Engine/s. way better than their Jap ( even American) counterparts.

again, just recalling Top Gear mag April Issue. comparison of Sub-compact SUVS in Philippines.

1. 2.2CRDI Santa Fe
    2. 2.5 Sorento EX
    3. 2.5 Fortuner
    4. 3.0 Alterra

and oh, please check this one http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=27145&page=51
    Last edited by yuichi; May 7th, 2007 at 08:41 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Galit talaga ang mga koreans sa mga japanese because of their history. Kaya gusto talaga ng mga koreano na pataubin ang mga hapon.

Pagdating sa mga vehicles, mabilis ang learning curve ng mga koreano. From their first early models to the current ones, you will see the big big difference.

But when it comes to the iconic suvs like the land cruisers, pajeros, patrols, I don't think the koreans can catch up because you need to prove this for many many years on the field. Also, I guess japanese steel is more superior than the koreans at the moment.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When Hyundai introduced the VeraCruz with the 3.0L V6 CRDi VGT engine - it became apparent that the Koreans can now go toe-to-toe against the Japanese at least in the cross-over / soft-off roader SUV department.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would agree that the japanese have the big lead in this, but the koreans are slowly catching up.

my prediction? kung ano yung koreans before, yan naman ang pipilitin ng mga chinese.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Galit talaga ang mga koreans sa mga japanese because of their history. Kaya gusto talaga ng mga koreano na pataubin ang mga hapon.

Pagdating sa mga vehicles, mabilis ang learning curve ng mga koreano. From their first early models to the current ones, you will see the big big difference.

But when it comes to the iconic suvs like the land cruisers, pajeros, patrols, I don't think the koreans can catch up because you need to prove this for many many years on the field. Also, I guess japanese steel is more superior than the koreans at the moment.
    Tama ka dian Drave ;) pag may pantapat na sila sa LC, Patrol, and Pajero puede na natin siguro sabihin na kaya na ng Korean ang Japanese pag dating sa SUV. And siempre pag may pantapat na sila for Lexus, Acura and Infiniti.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    What I can say is that marami pang bigas kakainin ang mga Koreans bago makapag level sa mga Japs. Well, that was applicable several years back. Sa ngayon mukhang marami na ngang bigas na kinain mga Koreans because of their leapfrogging improvement in building their cars. I've read in one article that Toyota's target is not really GM. It's the Hyundai/Kia duo they may have to face as their sparring partner in the future. Baka nga!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Japan  VS  Korea  SUV