New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hello mga Tsikoteers...

Meron po ba kayo idea sa truck na to? May club po ba dito sa Pinas? We currently have one running before, mainly used in our farm but then naging junky pero okay pa frame and with little rust in the body...

Ask ko lang po if possible pa restoration? Maybe soon kung nakagraduate, I will ask my parents for restoration... Right now, I want to fill myself with passion in old school trucks such as the Scout! Give me info please.... Im hungry for knowledge right now.

Tsalamat po!
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    I haven't seen one of those for 25 years!

Ang galing talaga ng mga Scout sa off road performance. It's in the same league as the Land Rover.

Good luck on your restoration project.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hehehe... tagal pa to sir...

anyway, mahirap ba maghanap ng parts?
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One of the original SUVs in my eyes. Bata pa ako nang huli ko makakita ng ganyan.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sayang kasi... nakatambak lang sa shop namin sa mindanao... I will try to convince my father to restore the scout, tapos participate sa mga car shows... Sulit kaya restoration?
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    One of the highly respected trucks in the off road world along with the original Toyota FJ, Jeep CJ, Land Rover Series I/II/III.

Here's a good link to check
    http://ih.off-road.com/IH+Links

That truck is very much worth restoring.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Definitely worth it... last time i saw one was in Baguio. When i passed by the house where it was the last time, it was gone already.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hehe, i was in grade school when our neighbor started a car pool with their scout. terrible gas guzzler back then. good luck with your project!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    In the mid 1970's, I bought an IH Scout 800 crew cab/pick up (junked by the Cosmos) and restored it as best as I could with my limited resources: overhauled engine, chromed engine parts, dazzling red paint, free-wheel hub, steel spoke wheels, balloon tires, etc.

I lived in restored military Jeep country: Willys, M-38s, Eisenhowers, Kennedys, etc. and most weekends were spent going with friends "where no other vehicles can go."

My Scout at 196 cu in. in 4 cylinders (or 3.2L if I am not mistaken had the biggest, meanest and most powerful engine.) It had wide pistons that run low speed for High Torque but NO speed. Boy, was it a gas guzzler -- good thing gas then was less than P1/liter.

I tried pulling a half loaded BMEG truck. As all wheels were turning but unable to budge the truck -- friends boarded the Scout until we developed traction to pull the truck.

Had lots of fun with that Scout. I will look for pictures and post them. But in the 1970's, IH parts were easy to find. Now, does IH still exist? I don't even see any IH Farm tractors anymore. The Scouts precede todays' SUVs but they are gone (aren't they?) I believe International Trucks (without the "H") now only makes truck tractors.

Good luck on the restoration.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try searching the net, there are websites that sell Scout parts in the US (ex. scoutparts.com).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
International Scout