New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    otep,
    do yout think this intelligent turbo timer is reliable enough? won't it create any problems, eg. electrical. i'm not familiar kasi with these kinds of products. alam ko lang function nila.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok na ang 1 minute cool down.

mga 3 minutes ako kung hard driving (expressway, provincial trips, etc.)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    QC to Alabang - 2 mins cool down in the morning.
    Alabang to QC - 1 minute with pre-cool down as I enter the village in less than 20km stride.

available ba sa atin yan? naghahanap kasi ako ng turbo timer eh. Ang practice ko 1 minute palagi ang waiting time before turning off the engine (water and oil cooled turbo). Mas ok kung may turbo timer, iwan mo na lang bahala na sya.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    daming DIY projects dyan sa autospeed website, too bad most of the free ones dati ngayon requires subscription na.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka naman may ece dito.. kaya ba natin kopyahin yan?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mga bossing,
    this is my observation sa mga turbo timers and cool down period.

turbo timer:
    sa subic, nagkalat ang mga turbo timers diyan. from manual adjustables (30sec to 10min/ 30 sec intervals), automatic (depending on the rpm), and presets ones (10sec, 30sec, 1min).
    i use the HKS turbo timer with manual adjustments.
    any of these are fine.

cooldown period:
    normal city driving, 10sec will do. 2min is a waste in fuel.
    short hiway driving 30sec will do.
    long distance, usually mga 2mins pwede na. kasi bihira naman ang high speed tapos full stop and stop engine. kadalasan may mga short stopovers naman.

i based this on the ULTRA automatic turbo timer sa trooper ng brother ko.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    kayang-kaya gumawa ng timer basta may schematic.

kakatamad lang nga mag-etch ng PCB. hehehehe.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Intelligent Turbo Timer

Ref: High Performance Electronic Projects for Cars - Silicon Chip Publications.
    There are turbo timers, and there are intelligent turbo timers. This great module uses input from an airflow, oxygen, or MAP sensor to determine how hard the car has been driven. It then uses this information to calculate how long the car needs to idle, reducing unnecessary idle time. The sensitivity and maximum idle time are both adjustable, so you can be sure your turbo will cool properly. Kit supplied with PCB, and all electronic components.

$44.95 -- ang mahal din pala.

san ikakabit to?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper
    Intelligent Turbo Timer

Ref: High Performance Electronic Projects for Cars - Silicon Chip Publications.
    There are turbo timers, and there are intelligent turbo timers. This great module uses input from an airflow, oxygen, or MAP sensor to determine how hard the car has been driven. It then uses this information to calculate how long the car needs to idle, reducing unnecessary idle time. The sensitivity and maximum idle time are both adjustable, so you can be sure your turbo will cool properly. Kit supplied with PCB, and all electronic components.

$44.95 -- ang mahal din pala.

san ikakabit to?
    usually sir, ang wiring ng turbo timer a 4 wires.
    black for ground, red for + power, blue or green sa ignition cut.
    may mga 6 wires pero medyo complicated na.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The 'Intelligent' Turbo Timer