New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys, do you know the rules/taxes on importing vehicles from other countries? Both LHD and RHD.

1. Tax difference if brand new or used?
    2. Does RHD have to pass through Subic but LHD through any port like South Harbor?
    3. Other infos/procedure

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tax varies depending on model or make of car and a used and a brandnew one will not have a difference if they are of the same year/model/make.

Assessed value depends on the customs accessor although meron din silang guideline na fix (sa libro).

Any port can accomodate, except that Subic is a free-trade port so they don't have high taxes.

Call-up a broker (preferably from a broker that have done this type of importation.

Kung buo na intact ang vechicle na ipapasok ninyo, be sure meron itong original papers from the origin (kung baga ung orig na CR and OR from origin). This is documents will be the basis for local registration and other permit.

Unless, expensive race car or SUV ang plan mo ipasok, I wouldn't suggest bringing it in.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sobrang mahal ba aabutin?.

dobol ng price ng auto?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wildthing, taxes are based on year/model/make alone? what if you show them the receipt of how much you bought the car, shouldn't taxes be based on this based on our new excise tax law? do you only pay excise tax or is there an importation tax? which one are you talking about? thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the customs have their own price table for different makes of vehicles. they will not rely on your receipt alone.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by xox
    wildthing, taxes are based on year/model/make alone? what if you show them the receipt of how much you bought the car, shouldn't taxes be based on this based on our new excise tax law? do you only pay excise tax or is there an importation tax? which one are you talking about? thanks
    tama si boybi, they have their own price table.

I think it is based on the new excise tax and other similar laws.

A friend of mine who does this importation in his Subic business estimates me that a 97 model LC80 will be around P300,000 to bring out (P50,000 of that is his charge - the rest goes to the government and lagayan kung meron man)....then similarly a 2001 BMW X5 would reach around a P1M to bring-in in similar way.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    mayroon ba sa inyo na may kilalang Broker? contact number?.

thanks!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hens na contact mo na ba yung ninong ko sa timog?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di talaga nila ibabase yun sa receipt mo, but dun sa "blue book " na sinasabi nila sa customs. A friend of mine imported a Toyota Fourunner nung 1996, bale 95 model yun, less depreciation of 10% (up to 50% depreciation lang ang allowed),the vehicle was assesed with a tax of P645K yata yun. He bought the car for less than that price, brand new! (di siya nagbayad, kasi may tax exempt privilege yung friend ko)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sino sino ba ang may mga tax exempt privileges sa pag import ng mga vehicles?

ang pagkakaalam ko, kapag binenta ang isang tax exempted vehicle, kung ibebenta ito ng original owner, babayaran ng buyer yung tax nito before mapa transfer yung owner's name.
    Signature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Importing vehicles