New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I was reading through our goon squad forums and this topic needed a lot of work .hehe how do you add a switch to the ignition? tap it lang ba? pwde bang gamitin ang existing switches like headlight washer push button para tago?
    Last edited by boybi; March 5th, 2005 at 04:44 PM. Reason: title wrong spelling

locate first your starter relay. Just cut the coil voltage supply. You can tap it there using a normally open or NC switch whichever you prefer.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    could i use existing switches like the button of the headlight washer?

latching switch ba yun o temporary? any switch will do basta i-test mo kung normally open or normally closed para you know how to wire it. use a multi meter to check it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's not as simple as cutting the starter relay wires. remember most of those carnappers are also expert car mechanics and electricians, they know that trick. besides, all it takes is a screw driver or any piece of metal conductor to short the starter relay input terminal with the positive terminal of the starter motor and the starter motor will crank up the engine.

the kill switch needs to "kill" not just the starter but also the ignition system, the ecu power supply, fuel injection system and fuel pump. you can even add another big relay that can cut off even the positive and negative terminals of the battery. to do this properly you need an impulse type relay*, one switch that will control 3 or more circuits. and the important thing is do not do the cutting where it can be seen. cut it where there are several wires together with the wire you are cutting so it will be hard to find.

*an impulse relay is a type of relay that holds the last position for every signal impulse. so if the relay contacts are ON, one impulse opens all the contacts and it stays open, or OFF. another impulse turns it On again and it stays ON even if there is no signal, another turns it OFF, etc.

if you use an ordinary relay then that relay will need to be powered up constantly to be effective and it can drain the battery.

google search "impulse relay" and you'll know what i mean.

I'm working on plans for a cell phone activated impulse relay that can be used to immobilize a car anywhere. will post when i get my hands on an impulse relay, wala pa ko makita supplier eh. if effective then i suggest you guys save your old cell phones coz i will be posting it here. especially since smart and globe now has locators, it will even work as a crude locator for a carnapped vehicle. I already saw in the internet both magnetic and electronic impulse relays, problema lang supplier sa pinas.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ko nabasa post ni garyq. yep, another term for impulse relay is latching relay.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about a fuel pump kill switch?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    very interested ako dyan sa project mo yebo, pag successful ka, pwede ba tayo mag partnership para i-benta yan? ;)
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i broached the idea on another thread a few days back. sabi pa nga ni glennster wag daw ako ingay baka meron nakaw ng idea ko ehehehe! so research ako and i found out na actually meron na to sa US kaso lang nga prohibitive ang price nila, nadiscover ko while researching this impulse relay thing. they use a sim card and cel phone circuitry to activate the alarm. in fact you can even send sms to arm the alarm, lock the doors, immobilize, etc. send ka sms "Lock, Alarm, Immobilize" to the device through your cel phone and it will do what it is told to do.

pero since low budget tayo, simple immobilization of the car and triggering of the alarm and hazard lights will do. plus meron naman na locator ang globe saka smart so you can even find your car later (sana maging accurate yung locator service!) may drawings na ako (very simple sa totoo lang, anyone with basic electrical knowledge can do it), i'm just in the process of finding the relays sa internet. yung car wiper motor relay actually is an impulse relay so baka pwede yun. only prob is need 3-5 of that wiper relay if you want complete immobilization of the car. ang hinahanap ko yung may 8 control terminals na relay (or total of 10 since 2 terminals are for the input signal) para isang relay lang. so far puro 4 control terminals nakikita ko. yung electronic impulse relays medyo mababa naman kasi ang maximum voltages and amps nila so di pwede.

business? peperahan natin mga taga tsikot ehehehehe! o nga nh!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hoy yebo, tama na ang explanations! hwag mo ng ipagkalat ang trade secret! baka maunahan pa tayo maglabas ng product! :bwahaha:
    Signature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ignition Kill switches