New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://128.83.80.200/taco/scarysteering.html

Apparently, stupidity knows no boundaries. Hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    wow! fare!!! coz i got high coz i got high coz i got high!!!! :D

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ayos un ah..san ba pwede magpalagay ng ganun? para di na ako sumasayad..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    di ka na sasayad. utak nalang may sayad

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mwahahah! may tawag sa mga ganun! "B-O-B-O" at "T-A-N-G-A" tignan mo lang ung iba wala na drive shaft. show trucks talaga. heheh

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Believe me I've seen these things done locally.

These are classic examples of how not setup your 4x4 :

Pic #1 & 2 - The most dangerous mod done here are the lift blocks. One on top of the other pa! This is a no-no especially for the front. On a hard braking situation those things will topple. An FJ40 owner from Pasig did this kind of mod; totalled his rig and sent himself to the hospital after his Cruiser flipped (rear side up). Back to the pic.

The tread plate adorned cross shaft joining both the main blocks is a futile attempt to keep the blocks in place!

The extended steering links will surely bend if he takes that thing offroading. But I do not think he had that intention because of the absence of the front drive shaft.

The triple shock set up per front wheel will almost guarantee a teeth-shattering, and intestine-knotting ride!

I agree with the author that these were stupid compromises done to the truck and to quote Paolo San Mateo "What's the point? Looks don't kill!"

Pic # 3 - Is this unexplained phenomenon! Shock absorber's sprouting like mushrooms from every conceivable angle! What is worse is that they are adorned with hot pink colored shock boots. Most of the shocks put here are functionally useless!

Pic #4 - Check out those overly long U-Bolts extending to the top, does the owner intend to use these as bump stops too?

This is another futile attempt of making a cross-over steering system.

The real attention getter here are the PVC pipes used on the cooling systems. Now that is original!

Thanks for sharing this Otep!

How not to do suspension set-ups