New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the off-roaders (and sa mga sadyang mapagdumi at makalat) ang thread na ito.

I think it has been discussed back then regarding the use of bedliner material (Rhino, Herculiner, etc.) instead of carpeting on our vehicles. Major disadvantage of this method is the cost (Php 7,000.00 for a gallon of Herc) and the skills needed to apply them properly (not to mention the time and effort required to strip the interior of seats and other equipment.

Bakit hindi na lang natin palagyan ng 3M undercoat yung flooring natin? It would not be as expensive and Chieffy's Caltex could probably pull it off. I'm still waiting for the results of his experiment on a VW beetle and a Corolla (for sound deadening purposes).

Tapos patungan na lang ng standard floormats (Ultimat, Nomad, rubber mats) for road use then bare floors for off-road use. Additional benefit nito will be the exposure of the drain holes sa floor (although you may need to get rubber plugs kasi pangit yung standard plugs) for easy cleaning.

Any takers? Wala kasi akong time and finances to undertake the project. Baka may gustong mag-Pioneer.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    My old pajeros flooring used bedliner. Yung 3m na undercoat pwede rin pero is it the type na parang rubberized after? pwede naman kasi kaya lang, it has to be hard when it dries. if it is then go ahead.
    yung pajero ko, para nice pa rin sa loob, I had the original carpets stuck on carpet underlay. it beacame soft and nice to lie down on. I put 4 layers sa cargo area, sarap tulugan. I don't like rubber mats. I don't find it attractive. Pang off road lang

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Magkano inabot ang bedliner? Yung Herculiner Php 7K ang DIY kit sa True Value, eh.

Sabi nila masyado daw soft ang undercoat for the intended application. Totoo kaya iyon?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I think so. kasi ang undercoat di ginawa para apakan

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano pa kaya ang pwedeng alternative na same cost as undercoat? Hmmm...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    magkano ba undercoat?

pwede ka bumili ng heat gun. la pa 7k yun. tapos, after hosing down your interior, banatan mo ng heat gun eh di tuyo. tapos.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One disadvantage of herculiner or rhino linings is when it's time to repair, weld you flooring. No matter how much care, such as undercoats,/anti-rust proofing, there will come a time when rust will make it through the metal thus needing welding. Herculiner and those other product are flamable. I painted the flooring of my former gen1 pajero with acrylic paint during it's offroad days.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I'm not sure about this, but I think undercoats doesn't really harden so when you step on it enough kakalat yun and your floor will become sticky

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bwede kaya yung mga Epoxy coating yung mga ginagamit sa marine vessels.. tanong natin si Sir Happyman kung anong properties non

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ang Wurth may product that is like herc liner but is cheaper, it also looks like it parang 1k per quart, how many quarts you will need depends on how thick you want the protection to be, and it can be painted after any color you want. but this is a good idea but do you really want to do this on your daily vehicle? ok to sa mga for weekend 4wd vehicles but for everyday use, hmmm. IMO lang its better to take out the carpet everytime you go off road na lang. the wires of the your sound set up will be exposed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hose-out cabin flooring