New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    it depends on the person, like the author maybe he is used to testing cars on the road and on the track that is why for him it was extreme already. unlike you where you are exposed to these elements parang ordinary lang to. or the pajero can go where the rovers can also go, or they are just vehicles also. he he.

there was also an article about high peak on 4x4 magazine, they have LC's in the pictures.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ko na binasa yung ibang mga posts, pero tama nga yung sinabi ni mbt, hindi sila experienced 4-wheelers...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Basta ang importante, Hi-Peak was fun! :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    : )
    tama, it was dry and dusty during that time.
    for me, its PUBLICITY with the use of exaggeration and not lies.
    we've been to hi-peak thats why we can gauge if the author is exaggerating. it is my impression that the author is also not an OFF-ROADER but a writer.
    same goes with those who went to pinatubo doing test-drives of new pick-ups. alam naman natin that even an old jeep can do it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just have a question though. Since it seems that High Peak is a known off-road spot/trip, are there any efforts by groups to maintain and preserve the place?

I've been an "off and on" mountain climber and one thing i've noticed is that once a destination gets popular... deterioration of the area in terms of cleanliness, environment, etc follows.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj,

Hi-Peak is an old mining road closed to the public.

Pero yung ibang campers naglalagay ng vandalism sa rock walls. sayang.

I doubt if it will get popular soon. Not everyone is crazy enough to drive 15kms for 5 hours.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    I just have a question though. Since it seems that High Peak is a known off-road spot/trip, are there any efforts by groups to maintain and preserve the place?

I've been an "off and on" mountain climber and one thing i've noticed is that once a destination gets popular... deterioration of the area in terms of cleanliness, environment, etc follows. :(
    the basic ones siguro. leaving nothing but our tracks.
    nobody did tree planting pa yata.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj,
    "high peak" is a privately own by Csquare mining
    our good friend Phil G. IS THE ONLY PASSPORT there
    no phil g. no high peak!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hmm..pag naakyat ko ung hi-peak na un..ibig sabihin walang kwenta ung mga rovers nila...hehehehe.....:mrgreen::twisted:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    vinj,
    "high peak" is a privately own by Csquare mining
    our good friend Phil G. IS THE ONLY PASSPORT there
    no phil g. no high peak!
    Thanks for the heads-up... I was just wondering since the i've noticed a lot of nice climbing spots going to waste due to public negligence.

When we used to go climbing, we would usually bring along one sapling to plant at the camp site/summit... We draw lots on who will be the lucky guy (poor soul?) who will carry the sapling up the mountain in his pack. What i'd usually do is volunteer to buy the sapling so that i can be excluded from carrying duties (i'd usually pick a big sapling para bad trip yung kakarga... hehe :P ).

Why dont you guys try doing something like that during your off-road trips? Its easy naman to load it in your rides.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hi-Peak in the May 2003 issue of C! Magazine