New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was a bit amused when I read it kasi the author depicted Hi-Peak as this sort of super hard trail (level 3++) that only the famed British Rovers can tackle. hehehe. Kesyo iniwan daw nila yung Dodge Dakota halfway up, etc.

Ano ba naman kalokohan iyon. Mike made it up in a STOCK Jimny (base model pa kaya smallish tires) and KimpOy made it up in 2WD (with a little help from BEAST). Natawa lang ako. hehehe. Bili na kayo ng C!.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pati yung vitara ni mike stock na stock!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    andun ba mga pics nyo? :mrgreen: kung wala di na ako bibili :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka hindi experienced four-wheelers yung staff ng C!...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Si Phil G. din ang trailmaster nung Land Rover Club, right? Phil drives a NISSAN FRONTIER.

Ang ganda ng play of words. Here are a few of my favorites:
    *"Some members in the older model Rovers chose to turn back to prevent holdin g up the others from time-consuming recovery."

---Rovers turning back? Holy ****! I bet they their jaws would drop when they see kim in his TWO WHEEL DRIVE Strada. hehehe.

*"The descent was even more challenging than our ascent the day before. Robbie's pitched Defender crawled down at a terrifying 45 degree angle and once again, we all hung on for dear life. I felt like a molested crash test dummy."

---Over naman ito. I wasn't that difficult. Challenging yes pero I never felt molested at any given moment. hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganon ba?

eh parang sa bulletin yon, (every fri and motoring section), in the same page, may review ang Ford Ranger and Isuzu Fuego, same trail, Baguio to Sagada. Unknown yong writer ng Ford, samantalang veteran naman yong mga nasa Isuzu (Aris Ilagan). Natawa ako doon sa Ford, meron pang sinabing "dusty grave" (takot na yatang mahulog), samantala ang mga nakasakay sa isuzu eh nagtataka na kung ano ang nangyayari (nasa huli kasi sila). Hindi pa yata sanay mag 4wheel drive ang loko.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep, if my memory serves me right, medyo maulan yata nun umakyat sila, kaya mahirap yung trail nila.
    and also may tv coverage pa sila, di ba na edit out yung mga hindi rovers, pati yung kay phil G.
    baka naman sponsor ng roverclub yung article kaya "only the famed British Rovers can tackle"

gawa na kayo ng tsikot magazine, he..he

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you guys can actually write a letter to them telling your experience sa high peak....

grabe naman un...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pahiram na lang po ng copy nyo boss OTEP! Pati na rin yung Overlander mags nyo pahiram na rin. :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kimpOy,
    I'm looking at the photos. All the LR's seem dry and dusty.

I'm not really bashing the article's writer or the Land Rover marque. I'm just saying that Hi-Peak was not really as hard as they depict it to be. Nung umakyat tayo last April, none of us could claim that we were expert off-roaders (most of us still can't claim that up to now). But we made it.

Btw, wala ding mention sa article about the spotters. They are the unknown heroes of the trail. Baka hindi na sila gumagamit ng spotters. :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hi-Peak in the May 2003 issue of C! Magazine