New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a budget of 190T and in the process of buying a second hand van to ferry family members and on some occassion, will be used as a service-for-hire vehicle. with the budget that i have, the following vans are my options:
    1995 L300 versa van
    1998 kia best 2.7
    1998 hyundai grace H100

with your experience and expertise, which of the vans above would you choose if we are to consider the following:
    power & torque:
    seating capacity:
    safety features:
    durability (engine, body & chassis):
    reliability (parts availability):

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think mahihirapan ka maka kuha ng maayos na van sa budget mo. add little more para maka kuha ka ng VAN na hindi sasakit ulo mo..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    power & torque: 1998 kia best 2.7
    seating capacity: 1998 hyundai grace H100
    safety features: NIL
    durability (engine, body & chassis): 1995 L300 versa van
    reliability (parts availability): 1995 L300 versa van

Add a carton of Paracetamol in glovebox compartment if need arises. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ungas
    power & torque: 1998 kia best 2.7
    seating capacity: 1998 hyundai grace H100
    safety features: NIL
    durability (engine, body & chassis): 1995 L300 versa van
    reliability (parts availability): 1995 L300 versa van

Add a carton of Paracetamol in glovebox compartment if need arises. :D
    he he he
    :D
    dahil ba sa other thread rated 'yong L300VV na "king of tagtag"?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think OTEP would vouch for the Besta.

pero i agree with NightRock..
    dagdag ka konti ng budget mo para wala nang masyadong aayusin dun sa kukunin mong sasakyan.
    baka kasi pag masyadong mababa yung presyo nung kukunin mo
    eh maraming kailangan ayusin.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I will go with the 1995 L300 versa van.

Mga 250k siguro na budget mas maganda... :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in my order:
    kia besta - pulling power, amenities
    L300 - resale value and parts avialability
    hyundai - price, same engine as the L300, seating

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wreckless,

I used to have a Besta. It was a fun little van. I sold it off for around the budget of sir blue. Hehehehe.

But I would go with a locally sold (not Korean surplus) Hyundai Grace (round body) if I had to get one again. As it is based on the Mitsubishi L300 exceed (restyled lang), mura lang ang parts and easy to fix pa. And most of the problem areas in my Besta (the door panels and other stuff) are satisfactorily dealt with in the Grace. May Grace ang uncle ko. Everytime I see it, I keep wishing na sana yun na lang pala ang binili ko imbis na Besta.

Pero in fairness, the Bestas were on sale for Php 399K during the time (1998 and brand new pa).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for all your replies. it was both humorous and also very informative. with the budget that i have at 190T, i know that theres a strong possibility that there might be a lot of "pagawains" on the unit. but don't worry i know my automotive 101. but i'll keep 1 banig of paracetamol in the glove box just in case :-).

just to share with you what i've gathered from the owners of the aforementioned vans:

L300 VV: underpowered at 2.5L with the same seating capacity pero with the mitsubishi logo in place, m not sure kung psych lang na ok ito (kasi japan made?). yes there are parts available but i also owned a 98 field master 4x4(same 4d56 engine but with turbo+intercooler)and i'm not happy with its durability :-(

kia besta 2.7: sabi nila its a poor mans van(???). but who cares what other peole says db? its a lot more powerful at 2.7L.

hyundai grace H100: same seating capacity. the units that they owned were 2.7L + turbo (koreans) and they were happy with the perf. i'm not sure with the locally made grace's if they share the same 2.7 platform or 2.5's lang. up to what year ba ang gracec lumabas locally?

thus the choice now boils down bet the besta & the grace (all locally made). what if the L300 were gasoline powered mas ok kaya?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by blue
    what if the L300 were gasoline powered mas ok kaya?
    That would not be a good idea, based from my cousin's experience with their L300 VV GAS, under-powered engine placed in a van. Top speed was limited and tend to be guzzling more gas than it could run.

Hauling vehicles need torque, instead of HP which is more suited if the vehicle is driven mostly on highways and has an average running speed of 80km/h. But if you were to use it for daily commuting service to and from metro areas, a diesel engine will sound more economical.

I forgot to add, a jug of water or juice to push down the tablet. If the headache causes more pain to swallow the whole tablet, hehehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help in selecting a used van