New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Good morning people,

I have a problem with the RAV4 i bought from toyota cubao. The unit is one year old last December 13, 2004 with 16,000.00 km.

They have replaced the clutch kit of the transmission in order to possibly cure the unusual sound whenever slowly releasing the cluth on uphill road.

The unusual sound has been the problem since the 5,000 km check up. it is a recurring problem.

The casa of TOYOTA CUBAO cannot find the cause of the problem.

I am asking for the replacement of the unit. What is the complaint department of toyota philippines? Please let me know.

I intend to file a case if they refuse replacement. I am a lawyer.

Thanks for any imput to make them replace the unit. thanmks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Raiders,

I have a friend who had a recurring problem on her first toyota car. I can't recall the problem but she kept coming back to the dealer for repair. The service advisor, taking pity on her advised her to write a formal complaint letter addressed to the management. The service advisor explained that most of the time, yung matataray at maiingay daw na customer ang naaasikaso agad. Mabait kasi tong kaibigan ko at hindi mareklamo. She did write the complaint letter and the manager of the dealer handled her case and the car was fixed, all problems went away, she was amazed when it was finally fixed without recurring. The dealer fixed her car even though the warranty already expired. She kept the records of the repairs done to her car.

I don't know about toyota but in the case of isuzu, the dealer and manufacturer are different companies. In my complaint with isuzu pasig regarding rust developing on my brand new crosswind xuv (you can check it out in the other thread), they keep telling me that the final decision whether the car will be replaced or not depends on isuzu philippines, the manufacturer.

When you write your complaint letter, you may want to address it to the president of the toyota dealer and to the president of toyota philippines (the manufacturer) and just cc the complaint department or dealer. Just ask the toyota dealer for the names and addresses of the managers and presidents. When I first sent my complaint addressed to the warranty officer and customer relations, the process and developments were so slow. When I wrote a 2nd letter addressed to the presidents and managers, that's the time I saw and felt that my complaint was reaching and being attended to by their high ranking officers.

There are 2 incidents I know where the cars were replaced.
    -one was when the buyer discovered that he was sold a 2nd hand vehicle instead of a new one. He used the car for 2 months already when he found out. A print out of the service report where a different name appeared was his evidence. A demand letter from his lawyer friend forced the dealer to replace the car in 3 days.
    -the other one was because of a scratched wind shield when the tint was being installed. Ang kulit daw kasi ng customer. Pero matagal daw bago ito napalitan, I don't know the details of this one.

The cars are of the same brand as yours, but different models.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does the noise affect the operation and drivability of the car? obviously you know more about the law than i do, but it seems hard to justify a full replacement of a high-ticket item if you can use/drive/operate the vehicle just fine.

this is not a small loss for them, since your car has already depreciated for a full year.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    does the noise affect the operation and drivability of the car? obviously you know more about the law than i do, but it seems hard to justify a full replacement of a high-ticket item if you can use/drive/operate the vehicle just fine.

this is not a small loss for them, since your car has already depreciated for a full year.
    To add to M54's comment on depreciation of a full year, the mileage is already 16,000 km. Driving with that mileage on the kind of road and weather in the Philippines in a year, is quite a lot. They would be really thinking a lot of times over if not a hundred times, if they'll give you a new replacement. If they wouldn't give you another replacement, strike a deal with them and on a contract that if this problem still ensues, they will not charge you for repair everytime this surfaces once again even if the warranty has expired.

This is still under warranty. I'm sure Toyota will still take care of the problem. It looks like a mechanical problem.

Frustrating lang kasi you would expect that a million-peso vehicle shouldn't be that easy to have a problem. But somethings really happen. I guess after the 5T-KM check, at least may mga 3-4 times na siguro itong na-check ulit and if I was the owner, I really would like to know what the problem is after 11t KM of driving since it was first reported. If hindi pa talaga nila alam kung ano ang problema, then probably they haven't fixed the problem at all. Paano nga naman ma-fix if hindi nila alam ang problem, right?

This is my take on this issue. Keep us updated though. I would also like to refer to tsikoteers who have RAV4's and if they have experienced similar problems.

Ciao!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered

yup... an "unusual" noise seems to be unjustified with for a replacement. after all, the warranty for cars only indicate that they will "repair" it (check your warranty card).

btw, didn't you already ask this in the Toyota Rav4 thread?

have you also driven your car through floods? if so (and if they found out after a throrough investigation) they can point that it was the owner's fault. if you read the owner's manual, they stated that you can only drive through a flood for a certain depth only.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    diba nakasulat sa warranty coverage ng toyoto is they will replace or repair the defective part lang? di nila papalitan yung buong kotse? baka hindi payagan palitan ang buong kotse...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been driving around with an 'unusual noise' for about a year already. If it does not affect safety, driveability or reliability, there's no need to be O.C. (obsessive-compulsive) about it.

Vehicles are built to be within certain tolerances. They are machines and are not really that perfect even at their best condition.

The more your car gets disassembled-assembled, the more chances of more things going wrong.

A replacement unit is not a viable option.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yeah i agree, sometimes weird noises are better ignored as long as it does not affect the car's reliability..of the hundreds of parts in a car there's bound to be some weird noises sometimes..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano na kaya nangyari sa friend natin? napapalitan kaya niya yung kanyang Rav-4? if he did i'll make sure i buy my car from Toyota Cubao if i ever live in the Philippines... :lol:

Help Replace A Damage Brand New Car