New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. mikolo Guest
    Its my 1st time to buy a pikup, I have a low budget of 200t to 350t for 4x2 or 4x4 2nd hand work horse. I ususally deliver stuffs everyday and would like to know which is the best buy. between looks, power, maintenance and fuel efficiency.

CHOICES:
    Isuzu ls
    L200 4x2,n Strada
    Nissan eagle / frontier
    Mazda b22

I'm leaning towards the isuzu, since most people i ask, says it has the best engine and fuel efficient. I'm lost here. I would like to ask you guys with the expirience to give me advice. thanks!!

and where can I buy parts for these pikups, tail lights, bumpers, grills etc.... wala sa banawe eh.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    price mo would fit a mazda b2200/2500, an eagle and/or an isuzu fuego na 4x2 na 2nd hand.

Pero if you are willing to go further, I would suggest i-pang downpayment mo na lang ang budget mo and get a brand new pick-up. Ang matipid ay still the fuego, next the d-max (although pag nakatikim ka ng hataw nito baka hindi ka na rin magtipid), then the L200. Worst milleage ang frontier sa brandnew.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama, at the budget you have Eagle series and L200 4x2 lang yung worthwhile.

Kung Frontier, add around 100K pa for a good unit.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    IMO, my ranking would be:

1. Nissan Eagle
    2. Mitsu L200
    3. Mazda
    4. Isuzu

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ano ba deliver mo goods or yun pang-construction? kung mga goods, I suggest you buy a 2nd hand starex, then remove all the seats sa likod, i-black tint mo yun salaman or pa-cover mo na entirely yun likod.

ang dami malalaman dito. in case of pickup kasi, konti din nalalaman and nauulanan pa. kung bili ka naman ng fiber body, balewala din.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i own a 1991 isuzu pick up LS. eto pa yung unang labas na walang factory aircon. first owner had airconditioner installed sa sanden. medyo maingat ang first owner kaya alaga. 2nd owner was not good at all. pinabayaan nya at nagka overheat pa. i got it last 2000 for 220k.

i spent around 20k for the engine overhaul. i bought either orig or class A replacement parts. i have logged almost 100k kms since i had it overhauled. wala naman problema. parts are abundant and relatively cheap. i have replaced a lot of things specially the front suspension. it is a very reliable ride. anytime may long drive, hindi ako natatakot na dalhin ito. hindi naman sya mausok and power is not bad at all considering it's a 14yr old vehicle. maintenance is super minimal.... i change oil every 5k kms lang using multigrade mineral oil and replacement oil filter. i change fuel filter every 10k kms and drain the water separator every oil change.

fuel consumption is around 11.5kms/L here in cdo. thats a mix of medium traffic and no traffic pero city driving lahat. top speed is around 120kph. i think may mechanical speed limiter. i would put this vehicle on top of your list.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    I was once owned a 97 Nissan Ultra Eagle 4x2 i got it from the 1st owner i personally knw the 1st owner, 47k mileage and i used it everday. The aircon is veryvery cool, clutch is superv "napakalambot" my driver drove it and said to me that it was like driving a volvo truck. All power including the side miror magandang pang bussiness and personal use.
    If i were you id look for a well maintain Nissan Pick-up.

8. mikolo Guest
    wow. thanks guys. you actually gave mo more things to think about. hehehe,

i actually deliver fiber glass and carbon fiber parts usually for hondas. mga hoods and chins etc.. for stores in banawe. locally and imported. so hindi ganun kabigat yung idedeliver ko. I still maintain a civic for hataw days and the pikup sana for everyday use. popormahan ko nadin. i would love to have the newer pikups, pero mdyo hindi priority and kapos sa budget.

if ever saan po ba nakakbili ng mga replacement parts like tail lights, grills, bumpers for upgrades. wala kasi sa banawe i checked. parang iba ang stores ng diesel parts.

i grately appriciate the comments, if you have more kindly be free to post. thanks again

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir I would suggest you look for a long bed pick-up kasi sa product mo mag-fifit yun...on your choices, yun lang B2200 ang naglabas. Ang next na mahaba ang bed ay ang LS Fuego series na, bago pa L200. Worst ang Nissan (isa ito sa pinaka-maikli na bed).

Hindi uso sa pick-up and dinidress-up sir, so walang alteza tail lights, or bumper upgrades....unless you are into 4wheeling, then the best bumper upgrade would be a bull bar (TJM, ARB, etc.).

Consider also a camper shell or a gatorcab (flat cover) for the bed para iwas nakaw sa product nyo.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Get the Explorer Sport Trac.Your goods are safe with the tonneau cover(hard plastic) with key locks, visit mysporttrac.com for more info and actual pictures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help me out, which pikup?