New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Guys,

it's me again, PK, Otep, Ungas, 4D56 TDIC boys and diesel peeps HELP

... just curious with my intercooler, before kasi, when i switched the key to On before the tik sound and before starting the engine a humming noise that comes from the intercooler is heard. Ngayon kasi wala na.. as in before i start the engine.. hmmmmm me humming sound talaga.. just wanna know if that's okay... ?

How to know and test if the intercooler is working.?

How does intercooler help on the engine performance.. pwede pa explain na rin.. thanks.....

if ever my thread na regarding my questions.. pwede pa post sa link...

thanks ...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do you mean the turbo? the intercooler is a passive device. it always works as long as air passes through it.

If you wanna test the turbo, just remove the hose connecting the turbo to the intercooler. Kung may hangin na lumalabas, then its working. better yet, silipin mo kung umiikot ang turbine. be careful, baka mapuwing ka.
    Last edited by pajerokid; September 26th, 2003 at 04:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    addendum.

The 'tic' sound probably comes from the glow plug relay, as long as nakakastart pa rin yung making mo, oks lang.

suspecha ko, naka recta yung intercooler fan mo, like mine. Usually, this is temperature controlled. That's probably why may humming sound when you turn the key to the "on" position.

Kaya nawala, baka sira na yung fan. try disassembling the Intercooler assy and check the fan's status.

goodluck! :D

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pajerokid,

sir, tanong ko lang if ucan refer some one who repairs turbo. mine on 3-dr paj 4D56 may tagas na oil and may whistling sound like air leaking. please help, i need to have it checked asap. please txt 0917 5361583, thanks a million....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    chull_al,

hmmmm. you have to distinguish between a bearing leak and exhaust gas recirculation. its possible that the oil you see comes from blowby gases reintroduced into your turbo. dibe there's that liitle hose on near the air filter assy.

the whistlins sound may come from a hole in one of the hoses.

wala akonh kilala eh. :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pajerokid,

thanks alot kilala ka pala ng nephew ko si boyboy nakasama nyo sa pinatubo trekking. saw your pix too in that trek hope makasama ko next time, if your group allows it. thanks again

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No problemo sir! Kamusta nyo na lang po ako kay Boy2! :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    An intercooler does not have any moving parts. It is just a radiator for your incoming air. So dapat wala kang maririnig sa kanya (except for the fan hum). Yung click, malamang sa glow plug relay iyon beside the I/C.

An intercooler works by cooling the air before it comes into the engine. Cooler air is more oxygen dense. More oxygen equals more power.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by marwen
    Guys,
    ... just curious with my intercooler, before kasi, when i switched the key to On before the tik sound and before starting the engine a humming noise that comes from the intercooler is heard. Ngayon kasi wala na.. as in before i start the engine.. hmmmmm me humming sound talaga.. just wanna know if that's okay... ?
    other peeps might be right that your intercooler fan is naka-recta. the tick sound that you've heard might have came from the glow plug relay. the humming sound afterwards might also be coming from the aircon aux fan. if your a/c was turned-on prior to ignition, the aux fan likewise will be turned-on. the aux fan will automatically be turned off if it reaches the set temperature. please check kung dito nga galing. if its not and you suspect that its the intercooler fan, it might just be a case of a stucked-up intercooler fan motor. there are certain ways to check this, you can supply 12v directly to the motor if its working. if its not, its either a time for a carbon change, or a bearing change.

hth!

regards,

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Originally posted by pajerokid
    addendum.

The 'tic' sound probably comes from the glow plug relay, as long as nakakastart pa rin yung making mo, oks lang.

suspecha ko, naka recta yung intercooler fan mo, like mine. Usually, this is temperature controlled. That's probably why may humming sound when you turn the key to the "on" position.

Kaya nawala, baka sira na yung fan. try disassembling the Intercooler assy and check the fan's status.

goodluck! :D
    Thanks PK youre the man...

binalik ko na sa shop and so far.. okay na uli... pina reassemble lang yung intercooler... siguro nga may na stuck ...

yung sinasabi mong naka recta... sabi kasi sa akin ng owner ng shop.. pwede daw nila gawin yun pero advice nya mas madali daw masira motor ng fan..... so di ko na lang pinagalaw... okay lang daw sa temperature controlled yung fan... umiikot naman daw...

thanks to all...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help:InterCooler Turbo How to know if its working?