New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    * * * Hello guys!! Certified newbie here especially when it comes to pick-ups and diesel vehicles in general. I read some of the threads and elsewhere but I can’t seem to find the appropriate topic for my query. I just need your inputs to help me decide on something.
    * * * I’m currently considering to replace my sedan with a pick-up truck. The latter would be more practical for me since I stay longer on rough roads than in the city and the diesel charisma is too much for me to pass up. Anyway, I did a modest research on pick-up trucks, that which is best suited to my needs and my top choice is the Mitsubishi Strada, for its car-like comfort, powerful engine, and great value for money. Unfortunately, my budget constraints hinder me from acquiring a brand new one so I think a second hand Strada will suffice. My dilemma is, I need to find an older Strada that has the closest, if not the same, features as the current year model. I’m eyeing the 2006+ (fourth gen?) year models but if the third gens are worth the look then I’ll definitely consider my options. My questions are:

1.***Are all the year models in the fourth gen basically the same?
    2.***Are the third gen models as reliable as the current gen in terms of fuel economy, driving comfort, and maintenance? Because that would mean I get to buy a cheaper one instead of spending too much on a vehicle that has been basically unchanged.* *

* * *I like the current models because of its looks and overall reliability, but I just need a vehicle that can generally cross provincial rough roads without hesitation as well as riding comfort when driving in the city. I prefer the manual 4x2 since I don’t intend to go “serious off-roading”.*

* * *It took me awhile to compose this query, I just felt that being as specific as possible would yield the best and most appropriate answers. Additional inputs not related to the Strada will definitely be appreciated. Hope you guys can help me with my research! Thanks so much for your help!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Have you checked sulit.com and ayosdito.com? 2006 4x2 strada will have the non-vgt crdi engines. The new ones have the VGT equipped engines. 314nm vs 350nm of pulling power but since you won't do serious off-roading, it would suffice IMO.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thanks sir for that reply, i thnk im leaning towards fuel consumption over pulling power. I'd like to know the thoughts of third and fourth gen strada owners in terms of reliability, comfort and maintenance. Thanks and Godbless us all!!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Bossing, im selling my 2003 strada 2.5 diesel turbo intercooler matic 4X4. Mileage: 75t km. Never been to accident/flood. 1st owned. pm me boss if you are interested.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    4d56 is very reliable engine. Cheap component parts and easy to maintained. Basta importante sa diesel is religiously follow preventive maintainance ( change oil, oil filter , fuel filter, air filter) to prolong your engine life and to avoid smoke belching with regard sa kaha mas makapal kaha ng 3rd gen compare sa 4th gen strada.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Saw ur ads sir, nice truck but for now im not keen on driving a matic 4x4. thanks for reply though sir!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by himura View Post
    Saw ur ads sir, nice truck but for now im not keen on driving a matic 4x4. thanks for reply though sir!
    we now have the new 2013 mitsubishi strada 4x2 GLX non VGT still has the new features that mostly found on the montero like touchscreen multimedia system audio control on steering wheel, power folding mirrors and a new center console with armrest comtact me * 09178010363 thanks

Help on choosing the right Strada..