New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Guys, I need your opinion as I am torned on choosing between a Flatbed cover or a Canopy (Campershell Express). I choose the flatbed because it will retain the looks of the pickup (Kasi sa canopy, nagmumukhang SUV na yung pickup), but the canopy will definitely be more useful because of it's extra cabin.

Kaso, the flatbed cover is a fabricated fiberglass (kasi wala pang available na readymade sa pickup ko). Kaya I am worried na baka di ganun ka ganda ang kalabasan (though I was the one who made the design). I made it a two fold cover, so pwedeng kalahati lang ang bubuksan for easy access (And removable sya if I need the entire bed). If I opted naman for the Canopy, wala pa ring available na size and the only available that will fit my pickup would be the "Express" (parang "box" na wrinkled finish). My plan (if ever I'll get the canopy) is to have it sanded, masilya then painted to body color to make it "look" modern and a bit appealing, but that will probably cost me an additional 10K.

For the flatbed (fiberglass), It will cost me about 30K (more or less) installation and body color paint included. For the canopy, it's 36K + 10K (for the fabrication) so about 46K na rin.

Yung flatbed parang yung Extang na tri-fold, yung Canopy naman Campershell Express (1st design).

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    It would depend on your priority. If you put more weight on looks and cost, you go for a flatbed/roller cover (I would). My apologies but I never dug the look of a pick-up with a canopy.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    I second that on the pickup with canopy, only reason for me on adding it on the list is due to it's convenience and functionality.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    There are flatbed covers that are motorized to provide convenience. Unfortunately, taller cargo (past the cargo box's height) will not be protected from the rains which a canopy can provide. Aside from that fact, all's the same.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    I have had a carryboy flatbed fiberglass cover in my previous Ranger, I like the fact that when body colored it made the truck look nicer. Cargo is almost 100% water proof, my only problem is, it limits me on the cargo size I can place when it is attached. Removing the cover is a minimum 2 man job. I eventualy removed it permanently when I started biking. In my new Ranger I opted for carryboy's softlid, not as nice but not bad looking either. Leaks only occur when the vehicle is stationary while under heavy downpour, but when the vehicle is constanyly moving even under a heavy downpour, leaks are very very little. Now whenever I need to carry larger cargo or my bike, I just roll the cover (no need to remove) and strap it with the built in straps.

I never like the roller type, since the mechanism will eat up some space, prone to leaks and the worst part is they have to drill a hole on the bed's floor for the drain.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    A roll top would be the best option for security and flexibility since you do not like a canopy.

Pace Edwards roll tops are available locally or if you have the coin, you can opt to get them from Australia (Blueys and Quig).

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Rollover = porma, clean look
    Canopy = versatility (you have no idea)
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hmmm... I think I like the Pace Edwards ah! San kaya siya available locally?

* RT - Oo nga, yung Canopy is very "VERSATILE" he he he....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotonista View Post
    Hmmm... I think I like the Pace Edwards ah! San kaya siya available locally?

* RT - Oo nga, yung Canopy is very "VERSATILE" he he he....
    Sinabi mo :cheers2:
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Update Guys. I'd be opting for a roller up by Pace Edwards, yung fiberglass na pinagagawa ko is a FAILURE! Nagastusan lang ako ng 2,500 kasi di kami nagkasundo ng gumagawa, so to make things even yung deposit ko na 10K, 7.5K na lang daw ang babalik sa akin...

It took a month since nag down ako and sinimulan "daw" nila yung pag fabricate, kaso after seeing the frame yesteray I got disappointed and frustrated kasi di yun yung pinagkasunduan namin... I was under the impression of having a Bed cover made with Fiberglass and metal frame, ang nangyari puro siya L bar na frame (as in naging mabigat) na may konting fiberglass. Haay, sa price na pinagkasunduan namin, I'm better off with the roller up ng PE, may warranty pa na 6 months.

I just hope that the Isuzu Fuego size nila will fit my bed....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
HELP - Bed cover or Canopy (For pickup)