New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Editor's Note: For actual gains in frontend articulation, you must remove all droop limiting factors. These include adding 1)longer shocks, 2)longer brake lines, and 3)disconnecting your swaybars. These modifications will affect your vehicle's onroad stability, so use common sense

what does # 2 and 3 imply? :?:

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2)longer brake lines; pag fully entended ang suspension, may tendency na mahatak ang brake lines coming from the chassis. Kaya nila pinapahaba ito para siguradong hindi mapuputol yung brake line hose.

3)disconnecting your swaybars; this limits the full extension of one side to another. Hence by it's name, anti-sway bars. Pag nadisconnect ito the vehicle has full capacity for longer extension and compression from each side of the vehicle. Connected, it will perform its function. Sa mga hardcore offroaders inaalis nila ito, to give them full suspension articulation advantage. Without it, the whole vehicle would feel wobbly and bouncy from each different sides when driven around city limits.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas
    thank you very much for explaining
    well if i do a 1" - 2" lift do i have to extend my brake lines?

:roll:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lifting 1-2 inch will have little to no effect on vehicle parts. I could say that it is still safe for you to use your existing oem brake lines when lifted upto 2 inch. And with that kind of lift, you don't have to worry about your anti-sway bars.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wala akong naintindihan dun ahh..:oops:

ano ba ung brake lines na yan..?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    KIPER
    i think we need Ungas here
    hehehehe

Yooohooooooo UNGAS explain

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    brake lines ang nagsusupply ng brake fluid sa brakes ng sasakyan. tubes lang yan.

kailangan ng brake fluid (which acts as the means to transfer the force) to be able to actuate or mapagana yung brakes.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper
    wala akong naintindihan dun ahh..:oops:

ano ba ung brake lines na yan..?
    Diyan po dumadaan yung brake fluid na nilalagay mo sa brake fluid reservoir above the master brake kit. Dadaan ito sa bronze tubing around the vehicle then pababa sa rubber hose/lines. Papasok naman ito sa brake pistons which will activate the brake pads to stop and/or prevent the vehicles forward or backward motion. Hinahabaan ang rubber brake lines kasi ito ang nakakaranas madalas ng galaw ng suspension and wheels.

Kung maputulan ka nito, hindi gagana ang lahat ng brake system mo at tatagas lang ang mga brake fluids mo palabas, which inturn you will lose braking power on all four wheels.

Langya, pinahabaan ko pa explanation, mas madaling intindihin yung sinulat ni tebs. :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe... :lol:

at least detailed! :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
guys who knows a lot in suspension please explain