New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok naman ang CR-V pero for space after 5 people mukha ngang bitin. If vans are not for you then consider any of the current AUVs in the market or rather yet go for a ful sized sedan or wagon SUVs like the Pajero, Patrol, etc... Try also looking at the Ford Escape which I heared has larger space then the CR-V.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The PAjero/Patrol will keep its value much longer then a CRV...

Also, mention that it easier to find parts for Mitsu's and Nissans outside of the casa... Although Honda parts are already readily available in Metro Manila auto supplies, baka hinda pa siya gaano ka-estblished sa provinces.

If they want a CRV type vehicle, try mo yung Ford Escape or Nissan Xtrail.

The Nissan XTrail which is gonna be launched this July (they're already taking orders) could be another choice... It'll have 2.0 and 2.5L engines... 4x4. It will only be available in Automatic transmission.
    QR20DE Max. 150*6000rpm available in 4x2 and ALL MODE 4x4
    QR25DE Max. 180*6000rpm available in only in ALL MODE 4x4
    I already saw a demo unit and it has front polymer fenders, aluminum transverse link, and a washable luggage board. It's around the same size (externall at least) of the Escape.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    vinj, natawa ko sa also mention, para akong mag-speech. :lol: neway, how much is the Nissan Xtrail?

5 pipol pero 5y/o lang naman ang bunso... pang out of town talaga purpose.

thanks for the help!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ka masisiyahan sa CR-V if you cram it with 5 people for a long trip. Yes they will fit but there are better choices.

CR-V is more of an active lifestyle vehicle for the younger set kasi.

Nakareserve na kami niyan dati, eh. Pinilit ko lang ang dad ko na umurong.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    other choices like what n how much po?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AUV's - but most people would not be seen dead in them (some of my friends and relatives included).

MPV's - like the Mitsubishi Space gear (with left sliding door na!), Hyundai Starex (with 3 years warranty), Kia Carnival (3 years warranty din and madaming fans dito sa Tsikot), mbt's Chevy Venture, etc. They are no more bigger than a mid-size SUV (Pajero/Trooper) but they are more spacious because they don't have big tires and other compromises (since they are not designed for offroad use).

Personally gusto ko yung Carnival LS. I would not feel strange driving it or being driven in it. It's the closest thing to a US style minivan (Odyssey, Town and Country, Windstar, etc.) without the price.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    The Nissan XTrail which is gonna be launched this July (they're already taking orders) could be another choice... It'll have 2.0 and 2.5L engines... 4x4. It will only be available in Automatic transmission.
    QR20DE Max. 150*6000rpm available in 4x2 and ALL MODE 4x4
    QR25DE Max. 180*6000rpm available in only in ALL MODE 4x4
    I already saw a demo unit and it has front polymer fenders, aluminum transverse link, and a washable luggage board. It's around the same size (externall at least) of the Escape.
    how much will be the MSRP of the 2.5 X-Trail? Very Interesting! :wink:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    According to some Nissan peeps... it'll be starting at 1.1M roughly for the 2.0 4x2 a/t model. The 2.5L 4x4 will be in the 1.3+M range. I have no clear cut idea on the impact of the new tax laws should it be implemented but i'm guessing that the 2.5L model price could get lower slightly at the least.

Kung family car, the space and comfort of a van is really hard to match IMO... The Nissan Serena and Mitsu Space Gear could also be likely choices. The Serena is quite spacious with flexible seating once the rearmost jumps seats are removed (hassle... they were just fitted in obviously for taxation purposes). We got to joyride a demo unit in Subic last year and during a Nissanbayan fun run to Quezon. Very nice and comfy... although our Quezon fun run had some "incidents" that resulted in the Serena getting towed by Glenn's Safari.

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    vinj, no wonder ur the nissanbayan president. :mrgreen: nalalakihan kami sa hi-ace eh kaya di na ginagamit, we myt sell it na nga to buy a new family ride. Ganda ng Space Gear, nafoform na parang bed ung seats sa likod. Ok din Xtrail, ok pa price, nasa budget. Thanks for the help! :wink:

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    AUV's - but most people would not be seen dead in them (some of my friends and relatives included).

MPV's - like the Mitsubishi Space gear (with left sliding door na!), Hyundai Starex (with 3 years warranty), Kia Carnival (3 years warranty din and madaming fans dito sa Tsikot), mbt's Chevy Venture, etc. They are no more bigger than a mid-size SUV (Pajero/Trooper) but they are more spacious because they don't have big tires and other compromises (since they are not designed for offroad use).

Personally gusto ko yung Carnival LS. I would not feel strange driving it or being driven in it. It's the closest thing to a US style minivan (Odyssey, Town and Country, Windstar, etc.) without the price.
    wat's wrong with AUV's?

how much is the carnival?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Good Family Service