New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kia Sorento in round-the-world drive

SEOUL - Kia Motors has announced that Christer Gerlach, the record breaking Swedish driver and adventurer, will begin a remarkable journey, where he will drive solo around the world — completing the first ever crossing of Siberia by car in the process — in a Kia Sorento SUV.

Gerlach will leave Sweden this month and drive across Europe, Russia and the largely unmapped terrain of Siberia. After driving through Asia — stopping over Korea — he will travel to the US and traverse Route 66 to New York, before coming full circle and returning to Europe.

Yong-Hwan Kim, Senior Executive VP and COO of Kia Motors Corporation, who traveled to Sweden to personally hand over the keys to the Sorento to Gerlach, said: "We are proud that Mr. Gerlach has chosen Kia as a partner to attempt his journey and we wish him a safe and successful trip."

"We feel that by helping Gerlach to undertake this expedition, we are bringing to life our brand slogan: ‘The Power to Surprise.’ The trip will allow us to demonstrate to the world the quality and excellence of our cars," Kim said.

Chrisler Gerlach, who is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the first person to circumnavigate the globe by car, said, "No one has managed to drive a car around the world via Siberia, and Kia seemed to be the perfect partner for this trip due to the quality of its vehicles and its commitment to safety and reliability."

Although other round the world expeditions by car have taken place on previous occasions, this will be the first time that such journey has been attempted solo, using just one stock vehicle, Kia Sorento, and without any customization, not even the tires.

Previous expeditions supported by other manufacturers have involved multiple vehicles and drivers, customized vehicles for difficult terrain, or extensive transport by sea. By contrast, Gerlach plans no service or maintenance work in his Sorento, other than having the oil changed during his stopover in Korea.

http://www.mb.com.ph/MTRG2005082942809.html

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    JÄttebra!!!

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    anybody home? hello! hello!
    hmmmm..............................wala na interesado sa Kia. Kagagawan ng mga Kia Dealers. Wawa naman!

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sa Landcruiser LC80 pa rin ako...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I saw many CRDi Sorento at the dealers now. I guess there's no more waiting if you want one unlike before.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's a nice vehicle, don't doubt he could make it...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hanep ang kia ha!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    syempre if the price is the same as a fortuner e fortuner k na...gawin nilang 1M lang yan marami bibili nyan :D

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    Kia Sorento in round-the-world drive

SEOUL - Kia Motors has announced that Christer Gerlach, the record breaking Swedish driver and adventurer, will begin a remarkable journey, where he will drive solo around the world — completing the first ever crossing of Siberia by car in the process — in a Kia Sorento SUV.

pagkatapos nya dyan pwede bang KC2700 naman i-drive nya...bka luzon lang di nya matapos...kia namin 15T pa lang tinakbo katok na makina nasa casa ngyon...demit....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fakesaint
    pagkatapos nya dyan pwede bang KC2700 naman i-drive nya...bka luzon lang di nya matapos...kia namin 15T pa lang tinakbo katok na makina nasa casa ngyon...demit....
    My understanding is that Kia has stricter quality control on its Sorento and Sedona line-up compared with its other offerings.

That's why I took an informed leap of faith 3 years ago when I got my Sedona. Now, almost 100,000-km later, the vehicle is still running smoothly, with no engine trouble whatsoever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Sorento!!!!