New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    need your opinions regarding this one....... '98 gmc suburban k2500 SLT 6.5L turbo diesel................... is this a good buy??? need some pros and cons..........tnx peeps

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    yung kakilala ko ganyan ang sasakyan
    truck is great
    pero sa U.S. pa sila nag-oorder ng parts.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganyan din yung burban ng friend ko, wala siyang reklamo, imo, this is a good buy, kasi, 2500 siya and diesel pa. if you really want to buy a burban, by all means go ahead, ok na yan, than those 5.4l gas versions.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a friend who owns one. when it was 2 yrs old, the injection pump developed some major problems. gm had to order the whole system from the states. his suburban stayed in the garage a few months until the parts arrived. the whole repair cost him around 200T.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup ok siya except for parts...

200K for repair cost? imagine isang kotse na rin yun.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahal ang pyesa pero magandang sasakyan.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I wanted the same truck especially with the diesel's beefy under-chassis. I almost traded my F150 for it. But the '97 6.5TD chevy burb I inquired about had an injection pump problem, it starts but won't idle, it dies after a few seconds. An internet search led me to these sites.....and many others, just do a search on "pump mounted driver".

http://www.bd-power.com/gmc/read.php...79dec9b5981a56

http://www.duramax.bizhosting.com/My...pmd_cooler.htm

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2500 GM's are the 1-ton versions. They are built of tougher stuff than the 1500 3/4 ton sold by the local dealer.

But overall GM quality still trails behind the Japanese makes. So make sure you know what you are getting into.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    07Oct2004 (UTC +8)

I own a 1996 K2500 GMC Suburban and I love its on-road performance! Yes, I'm aware of the infamous overheating of the FSD (Fuel Solenoid Driver) and but I think that the previous owner fixed it already. The engine does get hot during idling in Metro Manila traffic for hours, but it has never failed me... but then again, I'm the sort of guy who does a lot of preventive maintainance on my vehicles (including replacement to synthetic oils, check up with OBD-II scanners backed with factory repair manuals) :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    06Oct2004 (UTC +8)

BTW, vyn300d, how much are they selling the Suburban to you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
gmc diesel suburbans