New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    rediesel: nagpalit kasi ako ng glowplugs sa 4d56t a few months ago, because of hard-starting...

but, prior to that...starting was one-click! kahit sa umaga, sa cool weather ng Baguio...

after replacing the glowplugs with something that cost ard Php 180.00 each, one-click starting na even in the mornings.
    Pero, just a week had passed and bumalik na naman sa hard starting (in the mornings) pag napatakbo na ang makina, one click naman na sya throughout the rest of the day. And then the hard starting issue resumes in the morning after the engine has 'slept' overnight.

pinalitan ko ulit ng glowplugs dahil nga sa nagkaganun ulit...might the glowplugs be of inferior quality?

mayroon kayang glowplugs that are better than others? or that is 'compatible' with the 4d56t?

I will also take a look then at the relays as per: KCBoy
    Last edited by pparado; January 12th, 2005 at 01:59 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganyan din po prob ko.. 4d56... but.. ndi ko na uli pinalitan.. magastos eh.. ngayon ino-on ko nalang heater 5x.. ok lang kaya yun?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pparado
    rediesel: nagpalit kasi ako ng glowplugs sa 4d56t a few months ago, because of hard-starting...

but, prior to that...starting was one-click! kahit sa umaga, sa cool weather ng Baguio...

after replacing the glowplugs with something that cost ard Php 180.00 each, just a week had passed and bumalik na naman sa hard starting (in the mornings) pag napatakbo na ang makina, one click naman na sya throughout the rest of the day. And then the hard starting issue resumes in the morning after the engine has 'slept' overnight.

pinalitan ko ulit ng glowplugs dahil nga sa nagkaganun ulit...

mayroon kayang glowplugs that are better than others? or that is 'compatible' with the 4d56t?

pparado,

i suggest you get the your glow plugs from el dorado or atco. if i remember correctly a piece sells for at least over P500. i had the glow plugs of my gen 1 paj changed last year and i have never encountered this hard starting problem...even in the morning and even in the morning in baguio.

the glow plugs from el dorado are more expensive but it'll definitely give you peace of mind - one click palagi.

paj4x4
    Last edited by paj4x4; January 12th, 2005 at 01:59 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pparado

after replacing the glowplugs with something that cost ard Php 180.00 each, one-click starting na even in the mornings.
    Pero, just a week had passed and bumalik na naman sa hard starting (in the mornings) pag napatakbo na ang makina, one click naman na sya throughout the rest of the day. And then the hard starting issue resumes in the morning after the engine has 'slept' overnight.

pinalitan ko ulit ng glowplugs dahil nga sa nagkaganun ulit...might the glowplugs be of inferior quality?

Did you change all 4 ?

Baguio cold weather, use your heater x2 what I mean is heat it after the pilot light turns off do not start heat it again, after the pilot turns off then start, surely start yan.

Eldorado OEM yan, kung gusto mo hanap ka na lang sa Masangkay o Benavidez, makakakita ka ng OEM pero medyo mababa presyo.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Here's my two cents worth, the white smoke is usually present during start up and sometimes if the weather is cold, up to engine reaching operating temperature, and black smoke if put in the wrong gear like slow speeding up using too high a gear like that driver of mine. My 1995 hiace with 84k km starts with one click after the preheat light goes out, never changed the glow plugs yet.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    paj4x4,

guess that is what i wanted to hear!

I have heard that there are glowplugs that are more expensive than others...pero alin kaya ang gamit ng mga tsikoteers sa kanilang 4d56t....(do you have a brand name for these?) i am in baguio kasi e...

maraming salamat!

Rediesel,
    yes, I changed all 4 at the same time (on both occassions)

I will try your suggestion re: heating. wala nga lang yata yung pilot light sa akin...i hear a 'tik' after a few seconds of switching the car on...then that is when i crank the engine...(yun siguro yun ano?) I will try yung 2x na sinabi mo...

tenk yu din po
    Last edited by pparado; January 12th, 2005 at 02:32 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    el dorado carries OEM stuff - MMC. they rarely suggest a replacement part...pag la na stock sa mitsu plant ng OEM

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    based on our calibration experience....

white smoke can be caused by a cold engine not reaching yet its normal operating temperature or an improperly calibrated nozzle tip inside your injector.

blue smoke can be caused by a good nozzle tip but it maybe the wrong part meaning incompatible [e.g. 2C nozzle used in 4D56] which may give a wrong spray pattern altering the engine's running condition.

try the plugs din, if it doesn't work then check your injectors.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Doc Diesel: Medyo OT: I have my 4 injectors nozzle replaced at your shop last August 2004 as the spray pattern is out of spec already. I just observed last week that the second nozzle assembly (parts screwed on top of engine block)is wet with engine oil. Apparently the oil is coming out from the thread between assembly and engine block. Is this a cause of concern or a minor job of tightening the assembly will do the trick? My ride is 2.8 A/T FieldMaster.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung one-click sya dati baka yung voltage nung ipinalit mong glow plugs mas mataas kesa sa original. check the voltage load of your relay. dapat match ang voltage load nun dun sa voltage ng glow plugs mo.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Glow Plugs(White and Blue smoke)