New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My dad is now open to the idea of getting a newER vehicle to replace my pick-up. Here's the deal. Dapat daw madali ang parts so malamang mitsu or Toyota na yun. Pero I would also like to look into isuzus coz of their powerful engines. Dapat din daw pick-up para magamit niya for some hauling. Our budget is around 450k max na yun. Question: Can I find a decent one at that price? Mga 98up models?

Oh another thing...sabi ko kailangan 4x4..hehe

The 450k is our budget assuming we sell my current pick-up. Can you help me on deciding which one to get? What should I check? Thanks! :worried:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung ako sa iyo, pipilitin ko buyuin makuha yung Hilux. Hopefully, wala ka nang iisipin pang mods dun. :D

Kung di type ni erpats, pwede mo pa ibenta at a higher value, tsaka ka bumili ng pickup na 4x4 then have extra money to spend on it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas,
    I've tried and tried to convince my dad dun sa Hi-lux but to no avail. Kasi nung na-drive niya, sobrang stiff daw nung ride (a lot different daw from his trooper and our pajero, even from my L200). If thats how a modified 4x4 drives daw, ayaw niya. I better look for a stock 4x4 nalang daw na ako na ang magmodify but not to that level of mods. Yung tama lang daw for daily driving. I've tested it also. Ganda tingnan pero mahirap i-drive eh. But then, maybe its just me. Hindi siguro ako sanay sa ganun. Practically speaking, hindi din naman ako mag ha-hardcore offroading..basically long trips lang and some basic offroading lang, which I think a stock 4x4 is much fitting for.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Woow! Let's pause for a moment and how you guys managed to compare a solid diff versus the IFS setups that you listed. Unang una iba po talaga ang road feel and suspension characteristics ng solid diffs. Whilst comparing it to an IFS which handles more confortably and more sedan like. The setup is not that hardcore enough and with you driving inside it, a definite contender for lead on the trails. :D

Balita ko medyo malaking goma din yata ang nakakabit, with 33 inch tire, you will definitely feel the strain. A cheaper option is to place a 30 inch street tire for daily use then mount those 33 muddies when trailing.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    my dad is selling his LC90 at 700k(neg) 4x4. dont know if you can stretch your budget pa... pics are at my sounddomain link below on my sig... page 4

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    try mo strada.yun lang nga mejo unti lang ang mods as compared to a toyota. :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas,
    Thanks. Hehe, sorry kung medyo amateur pa kami when it comes to technicalities. We based everything on the ride and feel kasi. I told my dad that we can remove the steering dampers (tama ba?) and install lighter tires for the ride to be lighter. No comment pa siya. He just told me to look for other vehicles for comparison.

Cardo,
    Hehe, pwede bang payable in 2 years ang balance? hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by cardo
    my dad is selling his LC90 at 700k(neg) 4x4. dont know if you can stretch your budget pa... pics are at my sounddomain link below on my sig... page 4
    JDM spec?

Djerms, goodluck sa paghahanap!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cardo::: What I saw from your link was a JDM LC80 unit. :D Probably a pre-1996 model basing it from the AC vents.

Djerms::: Leave the steering stab where it is, it would not affect the steering load that much. And you could risk the whole vehicle being wobbly without it. Switching to smaller tires will affect the ride and steering stiffness a bit, but not that much of a toll. Suspension setup also affected the ride.
    Last edited by Ungas; January 6th, 2004 at 11:56 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    standard ba sa 4x4s ung transfer case, so you can shift to/from 4x2 and 4x4?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Getting a 4x4