New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung gusto nyo makuha best unit, paglabanin nyo dalawang dealer of same car model

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mahirap nga yan sa dami ng Stock nila minsan baka same batch lang yan tapos na una lang dinala sa casa.. Di ba yung mga Brand new car let say 2004 or 2005 model tapos ngayon mo bibilhin so bale kung iisipin mo tagal ng ginawa at galing sa Planta. Alangan naman mag request ka pa sa Planta ng Igawa nyo nga ako ng 2004 model na car ngayon hehehe..

Congrats sa bagong ride mo. drive safely.. isipin mo lang na bagong galing talaga sa planta yan at ikaw palang unang naka sakay dyan.. para mawala doubt mo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I read somewhere that newly assembled or painted cars are best made to "rest" or cure for a while before being used, this gives the paint time to harden before being "handled" (washing, wiping, dusting, waxing). The few days it gets to spend on a dealer's lot is negligible considering that the vehicle will have a useful life of at least 25 years. Lastly, vehicles are designed to be "exposed" to the elements, a little sun and water won't devalue it just as long as you're the first owner. As long as the vehicle gives you trouble free service till the warranty runs out, enjoy your ride.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not true po regarding the paint, right off the bat, after the computerized robotics painted the car, it cures really fast and it is hand-buffed (meaning a paint finisher buffs it with a buffer) before it leaves the assembly line. You can watch this sa Auto Motor und Sports show, they feature assembly line scenes often.

Only refinished paint requires curing.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Its really impossible to get the best unit, even the dealer themselves dont know how long the unit's been exposed to the elements,etc etc before it gets to their warehouse, Most dealers have a separate warehouse other than their shorwoom,this is where they install all the accessories etc. Dealers would usually ship out older stocks before the new ones.First in,first out remember? I should know,I know someone who's a car dealer and Im a dealer myself, well not in a car business anyway. Just inspect the unit carefully

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    basta bago, smells good, and looks clean (no scratches or stains) ok yan. yung nga crv ng lola ko, when it was first introduced back in 97, she got one of the first, but who knows kung sino sino na nag drive or na upo sa loob. when she got it, it already had 80 km on it!

here in the US, my last new car was really new kasi na order ko na before it even came. it was considered "pre-sold" before arrival. kasi hot ang GX470 nung dec 02 so every unit that goes thru my local dealer, is SOLD. halos hindi nag tatagal ng one week ang isang unit. I almost bought it w/o a test drive. luckily meron nag buy-back sa dealer and naging demo car.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    basta bago, smells good, and looks clean (no scratches or stains) ok yan. yung nga crv ng lola ko, when it was first introduced back in 97, she got one of the first, but who knows kung sino sino na nag drive or na upo sa loob. when she got it, it already had 80 km on it!

here in the US, my last new car was really new kasi na order ko na before it even came. it was considered "pre-sold" before arrival. kasi hot ang GX470 nung dec 02 so every unit that goes thru my local dealer, is SOLD. halos hindi nag tatagal ng one week ang isang unit. I almost bought it w/o a test drive. luckily meron nag buy-back sa dealer and naging demo car.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sa totoo wala namang difference yan kung yan yung nasa likod or bago talga from plant, ang importante is they gave you a brand new unit tsaka may warranty naman sila e so bkit kapa matatakot kung yan yung old stock or fresh of the pier?

for me it really makes no diff or sense kung old stock or new stock coz im basically getting the same car

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    dealers remove the speedometer cable when they transport the car from the plant to the showroom.
    Just to give some info..... I think you can do that kung mechanical cable ang speedo but not on electronic cable. we tried this sa altis not sure if this will work on all cars. We disconnected the speedometer cable sa altis ( disconnected from the transmission ) ayaw mag-crank man lang ng starter. Anyway they are right check mo nalang ang kilometrahe, interior and paint.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    brad ingat lang may nagsabi sa akin na nagtatrabaho sa isang brand ng kotse dyan na nagrerecon sila ng mga lumang kotse at pinapalitan lang yung mga mukhang naluma sa panlaas pero yung loob ng makina ganun pa din then palalabasin nila na bago. but he told me that the best way to check is yung plate sa may pinto di ko alam kung anong tawag dun step board yata, minsan plastic minsan steel. try nyong buksan at malalaman nyo kung lua na nirecon lang yung kotse o talagang bago. Share ko lang at mismo sa planta nagtatrabaho yung kaibgan ko. Not to mention the brand kasi pwede ring gawin ng ibang manufacturer yan. Hope this will help.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
finding out if kagagaling lang talaga sa planta ang vehicle