New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bababa kaya price ng town & country, and other vans narin, pag implemented na yung new excise tax?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Originally posted by Ungas
    boybi::: Wala kaming ganung kalaking halaga pambayad ng Town & Country! Baka kahit na magwalis pa ako dyan sa inyo maghapon di ko malilikum ganung kalaking halaga. :bwahaha:
    HAHAHA :D
    Sir Ungas Suzuki Super Carry nalang!!! YAHOO!!!

At least tig-iisa ang buong family walang awayan lols hehehe
    JOK JOK JOK :D

convoy pa sa daan pag long trips lols una si BEAST :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ungas
    I thought the Chevy Venture was registered as 10 capacity van? Based from www.motioncars.com the cargo space is more refined than the Carnival/Sedona. How much did it cost to convert those cpatain chairs? Any other optional features that I/we should look for?
    10 people if you have four kids seated in the back... otherwise, its already a crowd with 3 adults in the back.

Other options, LCD TV on the ceiling.

No idea how much the captains chairs costs but it was done after the van was delivered (not standard factory option).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm. kung mamanehuhin nga ng mom mo eh.. baka nde pwede E150.. but how good a driver is your mom anyways?.. I see women driving expeditions and other big rigs.... so siguro sanayan... but i think the most conveniet would be the Grandia.... otherwise.. back to starex ka.. .heehhe

but dont discount the sedona /carnival.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi,

siguradong bababa yung presyo ng T&C from its present 1.9M... 3.3L ata yung specification dito (3.8L in the US) so it was slapped with an ungodly tax under the engine size-based tax scheme

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mom goes for the Canival/Sedona, Dad undecided yet. While my vote is for Venture or E150. As much as possible I'd like to move away from the Starex scene, like changing channels or ice cream flavors. :D

mbt::: Pix? No, I want to test drive your unit again. :bwahaha: I was hoping for a diesel-fed van, but that leaves me limited choices. So I have to broaden the engine spec and price.

IMm29::: Yep! She has indeed mastered driving the Starex after some few dings and scratches from 4 sides. :D

ghosthunter::: So you mean to say that the Starex is wider than the Venture?

HBOY::: Mom won't drive a flat nosed van and Dad is not infavor of it too. For extra safety precautions.

Thank for your inputs guys! I'm pretty sure Dad will be surprised later when he reads tsikot forums tonight. Anyway it is still upto them to decide what really favors their driving habits. :D

If you have some other options in mind feel free to share your experiences! We're still open for any choices.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On the Urvan Estate vs. the Grandia, although i'd prefer the interior comfort and looks of the Grandia i'd get the Estate because of the engine and some added safety features like the brakes has a load proportioning valve, and the nose was designed as a crumple zone. When i look at the Grandia brochure, it has no added safety features.

On the Venture vs. Serena vs. Space Gear, i'd get the Serena definitely (based on experience). The lack of space can be easily be fixed when the rearmost seats are removed (palced because of taxes). Kung diesel, they still have the 4D56 version of the L400 right?

The E150 is also cool but it'll be more of a family weekend car talaga. That can easily carry 10 people or configured for 8 people plus a lot of luggage.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas,

iba kasi yung design ng starex sa venture e. the venture is wider and longer (~200 inches long, almost as long as an expedition and about 14 inches longer than a starex, about 72 inches wide) than a starex, pero mataas yung starex so it seems more spacious inside. mas mataas yung mga upuan ng starex, and the wheel wells don't intrude as much into the interior.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj::: What is the legal seating capacity of the Serena? How are the seat configs? Could you judge it from 1-10 on passenger comfort?

mbt::: Gusto ko talaga subukan ulit i-drive yung Venture mo, hehehe. :bwahaha: I didn't notice those wheel wells on your ride before.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    based on feedback from a friend who owns a serena, masikit for 3 adults ang 2nd and 3rd row seats.
    Signature

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Family Van dilemma