New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I've read this from http://www.warfs.org/content/view/20/51/
    A site for Daihatsu

A good budget way to get some more height in the rear is to fit a set of Longer Shackles - these can either be custom made fairly cheaply or a set from a similar 4wd may fit if you look hard enough ( Jeep YJ front shackles can fit I believe - make sure you get some measurements first though ! ) Do not go more than a 100mm ( 4 inch ) longer shackle - better still keep it to about 50mm ( 2 inches ) longer to be safe. A 50mm longer shackle will give you 25mm ( 1 inch ) lift. ( ie: total lift is half of the extra shackle length ). You will also need longer shocks to suit.
    I have a Mit. Adventure, applicable ba ito sa ride ko?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    If your rig has leaf springs then it will be applicable. Keep in mind that you may have to get longer dampers to compensate for the lift.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    nabasa ko kasi sa website na ito: http://www.barneymc.com/toy_root/tec...n/shackles.htm

may isa na nagsasabi na:

I still feel that if you lift a truck with a 2" longer shackle, the truck
    isn't lifted a full two inches. It may not be exactly 1/2 that, but it
    will only be about 1-1.3" higher.
    FWIW, I used a 3"(longer than stock) shackle on my 88 4Runner and my
    lift was exactly 2".
    The others argument of shackle length = 1/2 lift height gained does not
    truly equate on Toyota springs because the axle is not in the middle of
    springs but the length=1/2 lift gained is a good rule of thumb in most
    cases.
    ayaw ko kasing lumampas sa 2inches ang lift. any comments based on your experiences?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    nag shackles lift na din ako on my frontier. Pwede po Engr yun sa adventure. My cousin tried it na. Mura lang po ang shackle lift.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie
    nag shackles lift na din ako on my frontier. Pwede po Engr yun sa adventure. My cousin tried it na. Mura lang po ang shackle lift.
    ilang inches ang ihinaba niya from stock? ilang inch ang na-lift sa rear mo?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by paj4x4
    If your rig has leaf springs then it will be applicable. Keep in mind that you may have to get longer dampers to compensate for the lift.
    Ano po yung dampers? Ano itsura nito?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Engr
    Ano po yung dampers? Ano itsura nito?
    Shock absorbers.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Engr mga 1.5 lang siguro ang tinaas or an inch. Hindi ko nasukat yun dati pero noticable yun lift kasi compared sa height ko dati mas tumaas. Tapos torsion crank nalang sa harapan.
    My cousins adventure lift is 1 inch sa likod putol springs sa harap ng 1.25" parang nakasubsob ang adventure niya.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    salamat po sa mga replies niyo.

may additional questions lang ako:

kung mag li lift ako ng 1.5" or 2";

kailangan bang i-maintain ko yung dating angle of the of the pinion flange or hayaan ko na lang?

yung "Load Sensing Proportioning Valve" (LSPV) kailangan ko din ba itaas?

my delica was lifted 2 inches more..in the rear, i used that kind of method...i change the shackle for a longer one..but, te shackle kinda protrudes in the rear(beacuse the shackle i use can be +0, +2, and +4 inches

so far, for my 2 inch up, i didint changed my shocks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Extending Shackle Length for Lifting Rear