New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi guys,

i would just like to verify from the diesel experts/users here if the practice of 'flushing' the exhaust pipe with water helps or damages any part of the engine. ive heard people go through this routine of putting water in the exhaust pipe till its fills up and then they start the engine. all the water and the soot comes out, thus making the pipe cleaner. they say water doesnt go up to the engine itself, most of it is in the muffler area.

does it bring about any benefits? or will it bring damage to the engine?

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrox
    hi guys,

i would just like to verify from the diesel experts/users here if the practice of 'flushing' the exhaust pipe with water helps or damages any part of the engine. ive heard people go through this routine of putting water in the exhaust pipe till its fills up and then they start the engine. all the water and the soot comes out, thus making the pipe cleaner. they say water doesnt go up to the engine itself, most of it is in the muffler area.

does it bring about any benefits? or will it bring damage to the engine?

thanks.
    wala pa naman akong nabalitaang na-damage.
    for older trucks, pwede ring puk-pukin ng kaunti ang entire tailpipe while on revolution para malaglag ang carbon deposits.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    takot ako dun sa option na yun. It seems safer yung naglalagay ng water pipe sa top ng exhaust and flush the water down.

Better still, I would dismount the exhaust from the headers and flush the exhaust pipeline with water ng nakhiwalay. That way water would not really enter the engine.

just my 2 dents.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako i have a "gripo" installed. Parang superficial kasi ung sasalpakan ng hose ung tailpipe eh. Better kung flush down :wink:

...So far wala naman ako naging problema. I'm doing this every change oil.

...wag lang kayo maglalagay kapag may catalytic converter kayo.:mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also have a nipple installed in my exhaust, after the exhaust manifold. Total cost P200. I wash every 2 months. no need for expensive carbon removal treatments. The diy wash only takes 30 minutes of my time with excellent results!!! search mo yung tubes thread for pics and info.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It will damage your catalytic converter.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...if you have one

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep if you have one. Kaya nga para for me, mas ok pa rin ang without one coz i get to clean my exhaust pipe every once in a while :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    I also have a nipple installed in my exhaust, after the exhaust manifold. Total cost P200. I wash every 2 months. no need for expensive carbon removal treatments. The diy wash only takes 30 minutes of my time with excellent results!!! search mo yung tubes thread for pics and info.
    pajerokid,

san ka nagpa-lagay ng gripo? i've tried asking 4 muffler shops and their usual reply is either they don't do it or they don't know how to do it! :roll:

thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajero kid,

san k nga nagpagawa, mura yun ah P200 lang? Do you think its safe for the SAFAri, di ko kasi alam if may CC yun eh . thnks

co_drums_ol a.k.a. co_drums_ol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
exhaust pipe flushing