New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hi,

to those who know, kindly advise what are the vehicles equipped with EGR here in the Philippines.

have a dmax, some say the black thing on the right side of the engine bay (near the turbo) is an EGR. Have no word yet from Isuzu service dept. but my salesperson said only the trooper is EGR equipped. My purpose is, I

discovered the reasonbly priced Mobil delvac mx at ace hardware. its rated at CI-4/ch-4/cg etc. but i think this is only usefull for engines with EGR. but i want to use it since its the highest rated with most reasonlble price diesel engine oil. Manual recommends at least CD rating for Isuzu OEM oil, and CH-4 for a Catrol oil.

Walan naman ata masama gamit highest API rated oil (exceeding Isuzu's recomoended) since its the same 15w-40 grade.

thanks for the replies

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If you're talking about Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR), I am pretty sure that CR-V gen 1 and 2s have them. The EGR valve is usually located between the exhaust manifold and the air intake (usually downstream of the air filter) and is usually shaped like a small disk, but may be encased in something else. I don't see any problems using a different brand of oil as long as it meets the standard specs on your manual.

HTH!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check mo lang kung meron isang tube/pipe connected between the exhaust manifold and the air intake tube/manifold.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Para san ba yang egr?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kala ko egr.. yung design sa gilid ng door windows hehe..

EGR equipped vehicles in the Philippines