New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    cge sankaya pede ipafabricate yun,and mga magkano aabutin?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lc80
    jay n dun sa nag pm.... kunin do pa sa bodega yung bumper... kunan ko na lang na pic then tignan nyo kung ok... di ko rin alam kung saan kasya eh...
    lc80, i pm u re ur tjm....hav u read it? jus asking because i got no reply

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT:

ted::: Are you the same ted from ai.ORG?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wildthing : I'll make a wild guess who makes the bumpers, - Garo Quizon of Angeles City. Last time I spoke to him, he had just finished a Mazda bumper and was making one for a Strada. By now he should have made more applications.

I am a believer in the craftmanship of Pampanguenos, they will surely create a beautiful replica.

However, allow me to explain briefly what the Australians put and consider when building their bullbars/roo bars :

1. Crumple and Crush Zone - Although the bullbars are more robust than the o.e. bumper they are also designed to crush/crumple during a frontal collision in order to absorb/dampen the impact. A bullbar constructed too rigidly may be dangerous, it may not absorb the force of the impact but transfer it to the driver and occupants. A bullbar constructed too weakly will also spell disaster. Type of metal, and engineering play a crucial role here. Getting the bullbar to perform in the proper manner takes years of research and development, extensive testing and heaps of dollars, plus government evaluation and approval.

2. Winch Mount - The bullbar may look like an ARB or TJM, but is it guaranteed to withstand the awesome force of winching. I would easily take assurance from a guarantee made by a reputable company such as ARB or TJM.

3. Air bag rating - If you've got an airbag equipped vehicle, use an airbag rated bullbar. Using counterfeit bullbars in this case is akin to a game of Russian roulette.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not sure if Garo is the brother, but my mechanic is actually Dayu...yes what he showed me was the Mazda B2200 with the copycat ARB bumpers.

Indeed, I would really agree that getting the orig would give the money's worth...I personally would get an original if I have the money to pay for it.

Sana umulan ng pera (huwag lang coins) :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    I'm not sure if Garo is the brother, but my mechanic is actually Dayu...yes what he showed me was the Mazda B2200 with the copycat ARB bumpers.

Indeed, I would really agree that getting the orig would give the money's worth...I personally would get an original if I have the money to pay for it.

Sana umulan ng pera (huwag lang coins) :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Yup Garo is the younger (but bigger) brother!

Kahit umulan ng coins okay lang basta puro 10 at 5, lalabas ako ng bahay na may hawak na batya at nakasuot ng helmet!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ungas: yes, this is ted from the ai org.

free: i agree with u, mas masarap nga kung bolt on replacement, kaso most people would DARE to be creative, just to save money. btw, do u know if tjm or arb have these kind of bumpers that costs just around 10t?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ted

free: i agree with u, mas masarap nga kung bolt on replacement, kaso most people would DARE to be creative, just to save money. btw, do u know if tjm or arb have these kind of bumpers that costs just around 10t?
    Hi Ted!

Not even in our wildest dreams will we see an Aussie bullbar cost in the vicinity of PHP 10,000.

Thai / Malay bullbars would be in that range, but the issues I earlier mentioned still apply.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ted,
    yup got your pm. ill post the link when i have the pic....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Freeman::: Is there an available part for the rear bumpers of TJM? I saw an ARB with extra tail lights mounted on a Safari. :D

OT:

Quote Originally Posted by ted
    Welcome to tsikot board sir ted! Enjoy posting and sharing inputs. :mrgreen:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Copycat ARB bumpers and others