New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Guys!

I'm looking for another compact SUV that is capable of towing a jetski riding on an aluminum trailer. I have in mind the new Gen3 RAV4 4x2 but I'm still open to other options. What can you guys recommend?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    2006 Grand Vitara subok na kaya 2 jetski

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    You need a small suv with a big engine..get the FORD Escape 3.0 V6..

Duratec 30 - 3.0L V6
    200 hp * 6,000 rpm
    193 lb.-ft *4,850 rpm
    GCWR: 7,240 Lbs.
    Max. Trailer Weight: 3,500 Lbs. with Class II Trailer Towing Package

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Then you have to get these..

Trailer Hitch Drawbar, Ball Mount Class II
    $31.44
    Designed for 1 1/4” (3 cm) trailer hitch receivers, this drawbar can be used in the raised position to match the trailer coupler height. Features a solid steel shank, heavy steel ball platform and a durable zinc-coated finish.

Trailer Hitch Ball, 1-7/8", 2000 lbs.
    $15.07
    Available in 1 7/8” (4.8 cm) or 2” (5 cm) diameters, hitch balls feature forged, one-piece construction for maximum strength and a chrome finish for corrosion resistance. Designed with wrench flats to aid installation and removal. Available for vehicles equipped with a trailer hitch.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Or get the Suzuki Gran Vitara XL-7..

also meets all your requirements.

2.7-liter, 6-cylinder, 24-valve DOHC engine
    Horsepower: 185 hp * 6,000 RPM
    Torque: 184 lb-ft. * 4,000 RPM

but.. Towing capacity is only upto 3000 lbs.

still.. you got a more robust suspension, a full ladder chasis - better for towing plus you get a 3rd row-seat!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Guys!

Thank you for your replies!

Larshell, I also own a 2006 GV and it's great to hear that it can tow 2 jetskis. OK pa rin ba siya sa uphill climbs even if may trailer? Medyo mabigat na kasi yung GV by itself.

Kiper, I was thinking of the Escape or Tribute V6 too but both are somewhat old models already. Sana magkaroon ng new models for both brands with the same powertrain.

BTW, is there any local source here in our country that sells towing accessories for mini SUVs?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    get the jeep liberty CRD. the diesel engine should answer ur towing problems.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hitches should be available from your dealer. Toyota sold OEM hitch receivers for the GEN I RAV4. If not, can try off-road shops like RIDE, Armark, 199 ORH, etc.

Suzuki even made towing equipment standard in the GEN I Suzuki Vitara Plus series. But you'd have to get your own wiring as they did not include wiring for trailer lamps.

Hitches and accessories are also available online. Look for Draw-tite, Valley Springs, and other reputable brands.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    how 'bout Tucson CRDi? compact SUV na diesel pa.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ill keep this thread alive.

I recently bought a v6 outlander last february with a tow hitch installed by the previous owner. Just now I noticed that the rear end of the car is lower by almost 2 inches than the front end. I think its because of the weight of the thing.

It doesnt look good for me and would like to make the rear lifted.

Can you guys help me and suggest what to do make the rear equal from the front or a little bit higher.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Compact SUV for Towing