New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hello brods, need your expert advice once again.

couple months ago my pajero's 2.5tdi engine developed a clackety clacking sound whenever i'm running. its a "tak-tak-tak-tak" sound that increases in frequency as i increase in speed. have already checked vavlve clearance but not fuel/engine timing.

need your other suggestions before i have my car checked by a garage. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is the sound loud?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yes, quite loud. odd thing is, i hear it better when the aircon is on and windows closed. have you visited mr. atutubo's shop mr. pajerokid? can he fix things like these? i'm guessing it's the fuel timing, overfueling the engine. what are your thoughts?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope, had'nt had the pleasure of visiting sir Joseph's shop yet.

It may be aircon related, since it apparently acts up once you turn the AC on. When was the last time you had the system cleaned. Baka kulang yung oil sa compressor.....

Hirap talaga mag diagnose Better have a shop look at it.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    or the culprit could be your diesel injection pump. when was the last time you had it calibrated? it could simply be an adjustment of the injection pump's timing. baka may "fuel knock" na.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka yung tappets? Sa akin din maingay na...plan to have it adjusted sabay pa Carbon Clean....Puwede din yung injectors.

Better bring to a MEchanic-SHop.

ATI ir Betan Calibration

clackety clacking 4d56tdi