New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    let's make a good discusion here...

how do you personally find CASA service? are they good enough in what they offer?

what are the stuffs that you think they are good at? body repair and painting? engine troubleshooting?

do you think that are honest and trustworthy? do you think that they live up to your expectation as people who really know what to do with your car?

just something to ponder about. let's see how CASA's are looked upon by us, the consumers.

best regards,

hanson

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende kasi yan sa casa. meron mga trustworthy and really knew everything about their cars. meron naman casa na hindi talaga ok ang service. my own example:

just last week, i had my crv serviced at honda tarlac. all along, i was thinking na hindi ko pa napapalitan yung timing belt nung 80K PMS. so when i brought it for 95K PMS, i told the service advisor to change the timing belt. since madami pa akong ibang pinaayos, i was told to pick up the car the next day. kinabukasan, i received a call from honda, and was told that mukhang bago pa daw yung timing belt, and they checked my records and found out that it was replaced during the 85K PMS. so naka save ako ng a few thousand pesos because of their honesty. siguro kung sa ibang casa ito, wala silang pakialam at papalitan nalang yung timing belt kahit pansin nilang bago pa.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a few years back naman, pina-check ko yung galant vr namin dati sa mitsu casa dito. they replaced a part costing more than 4T. while on my way home, napansin ko na hindi naalis yung problem so bumalik ako agad to complain. syempre furious ako, pinagastos ako ng 4T pero hindi naman pala yun ang problem. i wanted them to put back the original part and return the new one for refund and re-check the car's problems. it was found out that meron palang electrical leak yung isang high tension cord. sabi pa nila na by set ang bentahan ng high tension wires. since V6 yung VR, e di ang daming wires nun. e ang sira lang yung shortest one. galit na naman ako. sabi nung isang mechanic sa kanila, gagawan nalang daw nya ng paraan. ang ginawa nya, kinuha nya yung high tension wire ng another vr na meron bangga and put it in my car.

mods/admin: sorry for the successive post, i can't edit my previous post.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stuff I don't like about them:
    *Most CASAs are a jack of all trades master of none type of operation.
    *Most of the service personell are there because of their OJT's so relatively inexperienced at mahina pa sa diskarte.
    *Mahal sobra ang singil (compared sa labas).
    *If they can't do a certain job, they will just subcontract it without telling you beforehand.
    *Ang bagal ng service (4 hours for an oil change? Nakow, 30 mins. lang yun kay chieffy).
    *You cannot look at your car while they do their magic on it (at least some, like Kia, have an open shop policy).

What I do like:
    *All works are guaranteed.
    *I can play with the brand new cars in the showroom while waiting.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I only trust the casa when i get to personally know someone from the inside (service dept)... but is still go out for second opinions from time to time with other shops. Usually i let them do the major service check-ups (when out of warranty) and diagnosing for some problems i cant seem to pinpoint or feel needs the use fo the diagnostic computer. How many casa shops do i trust? Well... just one for now. :P

When the car is under warranty, i always bring it to the casa since the warranty is something that i always find use for when i have complaints/problems.

After the warranty period, i go outside to other shops already except when the car has a major service stop to be done (i.e. 40,000km, 80,000km, etc).

But aside from the casa that i go to, i dont trust others much as i've already experienced quite a lot of hassles, doubtful recommendations, and poor workmanship with them.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CASA service is way too expensive for me. I know a lot of people and shops who are more trustworthy and do a better job.

And you cant exactly say they do a good job. Case in point?

1) My 94 Corona EX's power window regulator was to be replaced..... not only was my door siding full of screwdriver pry marks, but obvious that MIGHTY BOND was used on the Power window switch! kitang kita yung kalat. ang pangit!

2) My 93 Honda Civic HB.... sinira nung mga hinayupak na mekaniko ng Honda yung door lock mechanism ko! dillweeds.

Sa labas kasi, you can personally supervise the mekanikos, sa casa.... well you know.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas may malasakit ang mechanics sa labas since you have a customer-technician relationship.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Right. CASA service is sooooo anaesthetic.

When I first bought my Civic HB mga 1 year ata sa casa ako coz bago pa and under warranty. Also my cousin got to work there as a service advisor. After that sa labas nako nagpagawa. Kung change oil/filters lang kahit DIY kaya yan but of course P100 lang sa gasoline station so ok na rin. Though mahirap din humanap ng magaling na shop. Especially like me na may konting alam sa DIY stuff, nakakaasar pag kinakausap ka ng mekaniko na parang kang high school stude. Pag nakahanap ka ng ok na mekaniko/talyer yun ang pinakamaganda. Buy the parts so you can decide what you want na OEM then pakabit mo na lang. So for me kung under warranty pa, casa ka muna. After that find a good car repair shop. Casa I think is too expensive for common car owners like me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i go to CASA to keep my vehicle's warranty (1year).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
CASA service... good or bad?