New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i am planning to dress up my strada for a lil bit, pang porma lang, nothing to do with load safety o whatsoever, which do you think mas ok sa likod ng pick up, roll bar or campershell? or with nothing at all?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    if for work use yes camper otherwise roll bars.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    it depends. how will you be using your rear cab more often? do you hull lots of stuff but need protection from weather and being stolen? Get a campershell. Kung safety from roll-overs (if and I mean if, you do roll over) where you wouldn't want to get squashed, then by all means get a rollbar. Both have their aesthetic advantages.

OT: bro sama ka sa Pickup club. hanapin mo sa diesels.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung sa mas maporma, i'd go with the roll bar. IMO, medyo nakakaiba ng porma yung camper shell, plus nakakabawas ng hauling capacity ng matatangkad na gamit. i'd also consider a Rollertop instead of the two, this way, you can safely haul big and tall stuff, and store whatever can fit the bed when the roller top is shut, and your truck will still have the pick up truck look.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    For a strada roll bar ka.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Kung pang porma lang - roll bar na.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If it were me, I'd go with neither, since the Strada has a rather small cargo bed as it is, and I need all the usable space I can get.

Camper shell - pointless. If I wanted the SUV look, then I should have gotten a real SUV in the first place, not a pickup.

Roll bar - unless I'm going off-roading and I need something to attach the additional lights to. Otherwise, assuming I have the good sense not to drive my rig like a sports car, there's really no danger of rollovers. Besides, I can think of a more devious use for a roll bar on a pickup truck, but then the prudes might give me the evil eye.

My .02
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 5th, 2007 at 07:06 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I'll go for roll bar chief. Mababawasan pagka macho look ng strada mo. But like others said, it depends on what purpose will your strada serve you.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    nothing at all kasi pag binenta mo naman yan, parang bonus na lang. 50k up din ang campershell.

rollbars will just get in the way if you carry a rubber bed or big screen TV box on the back container.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    neither sakin.
    saklin lang po yun.
    dont like the camper shell cover. when we got the pickup, we want to maintain it looking like a pickup.
    rollbars naman would take up some more space.
    thats why we stick with the roll-on covers, maintained the look of the pickup and also made the rear bed protected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
campershell or roll bar?