New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nagpakarga ako sa suking Caltex station ko kanina. They informed me na upgraded na daw ang Delo 500 to Delo Gold at Delo 200 to Delo Silver. I have not seen the actual products yet pero ano ba improvements nila?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, its the Caltex Delo 500 and the Monograde Delo, rebadged... Maybe with some upgrades.

It could either be a reformulated Delo or just a rebadged Delo to make it fit with the "gold" and "silver" lines of Caltex from a marketing standpoint.

My .002

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same pa din ba API rating nito at SAE viscosity? Type 2 base oil pa din ba? 8O

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    IMO these are the same old and reliable Delo 500 and Delo 200, respectively; just an advertising hype to draw fresh attention to an old and venerable name.

Several months ago there was a big splash by Caltex in introducing the Delo 400 to the market. I have not seen any retail product of Delo 400; to which market segment is Caltex promoting Delo 400?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Previously Caltex does sell Delo 400 albeit only in 20 liter pails and 200 liter drums. Sana nga ibenta nila by 1 or 4 liter packs. API CI-4 pa naman ito. :D

Caltex Delo Gold and Delo Silver???