New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    hmm... i also use some sort of a bullbar but it's more of a bumper garnish than anything else... occupies the front central part of the bumper and the front grille... made of fiberglass and color-keyed to the bumpers and fender overhangs... so, in an event of a collision, it will shatter just like the bumper...

i think these types of "bullbars" (if you can call them that) should be allowed since they are more for decorative purposes than anything else... they fall into the category of roof rails, spare tire covers, hood deflectors, window visors, etc...

as for the true bullbars, they are really out of place in the urban environment... they were really meant for off-road use... that means a responsible owner should take them down if he intends to use his rig for day to day commuting and re-install it if he decides to go off-roading in the weekends...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir turk,

Hindi ata practical na alis-kabit ang bullbar. hehehehe. Lalo na kung may winch sa loob.

And Aussie bullbars are also designed to absorb impacts via their crushable mounts. Yun nga lang they absorb impacts while at the same time saving the radiator and other vital components so that your journey may continue. Bullbars are supposed to pass ADR (Austrailian Design Standards) esp. in the aspects of impact absorption and airbag deployment (putting anything not approved ahead of your front bumper can seriously compromise airbag deployment).

Siguro legislation lang ang kailangan. I have an OEM Mitsubishi brushguard (used sa Chine and Mid East version) on my truck right now. It may look like the local ones but the OEM guard is mounted on the vehicle frame itself and has impact absorbing brackets.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I can't help to imagine myself pulling out the 60kgs bumper and roam the streets without anything to replace it. It will be more deadlier with sharper edges coming from the chassis and other vehicle parts.

Now, I know people will ask me where is my OE bumper is... I sold it.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mga sirs, makapagtanong na po..saan or may kakilala ba kayo na pede kong i trade bullbar ko for headlights na crystal tulad sa mga bagong pajero? kase i plan to replace yung nasa SWB pajero ko and remove the bumper...

i would appreciate if you could refer me or give me contacts...thanks

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    parang meron na tayong local SUV hater ah, yun nag susulat bakit puro ganyan ang pinagsusulat nya?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mbt
    i do agree that bars are better installed only on vehicles that truly need them though, otherwise, it would be the thoroughly irresponsible and would be the off-roader equivalent of rice...
    how would you define vehicles that ruly need them? am assuming that you are referring to the offroaders who will truly need them and not the poseurs roaming our streets.

but how will you distinguish the real offroader and the poseur? although this is a very subjective question, I think that this can be addressed by either the following:

- imposing additional tax for all vehicles using bullbars (not restricted to SUVs - jeepneys, cargo trucks and the like should also be covered)
    - requiring additional TPL coverage

since bullbars are a "want" rather than a "need", this is logical. the additional TPL (is this right?) coverage should the said vehicle hit a pedestrian. getting hit by a bullbar is more damaging than just with the plain OEM bumper.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even off-roaders have to go to the mall sometime. :D

And why blame the off-roaders? This is a double-edged sword. We can also blame those sporty cars. Some of them have been lowered so much that in a collision even a stock rig will not meet its bumper and will instead hit the trunklid or run up the hood.

Putting those little sporty mirrors then sideswiping someone just because you couldn't see them.

Getting rear ended because you have to brake for a can of soda that was lying on the road.

Getting in a head-on collision because the vehicle in the opposing lane thought you were a tricycle (because you replaced your headlamp with an air intake).

And the debate rages on. hehehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    btw, dapat kung magsusulat man sila relate nila dito sa situation sa pinas, kelangan ang bullbars dito sa manila lalu na dami mga sira ulo and careless na pedestrians and PUV/PUB kahit anu na..pati private owners, govt officials. sus!! na kung sumingit biglabigla kaya kelangan din natin ng protection.

and yun regulation, dapat iimplement dahan dahan, gawin nila mga jeep sa manila tulad ng sa cebu, CANTER head tas maganda pa tingnan kasi ganda ng pintura, and ang body ndi pointed and dilapidated. flat nose!!

la pa ako bullbar, after 3 years na hehe pagkatapos ng warranty

yun simbolo ng pinas? eh pag nakita ng tourist malamang nadidismaya kasi sa pangit ng mga condition ng mga ito

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hehe sir otep naalala ko yang mga cars na one eyed. dami yan dito banda sa school... siguro ala mga riced up cars na tumatakbo ng NLEX.

yeap dapat nga stick to what she knows or anu man hobby nya, dami naman siguro dyan na magaling mag review or magsulat about cars tulad ninyo o hehe nacicriticize lang tuloy sya eh.

misleading pa sa ibang tulad namin na karaniwang tao lamang at wala masyadong alam sa mga sasakyan

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    eh loko pala nagsulat na yan about bullbars eh...kung gusto niya ipaalis mga bullbars...eh unahin na muna niya lahat ng jeep made of stainless steel sa almost all parts ng body niya...

kung minsan walang magawa mga pinoy kundi maghanap ng masasabing pangit or mali para lang may masabi... ako mismo magbaba ng bullbar ko kung lahat ng jeep bumpers mai-convert niya lahat ng jeep bumbers to plastic tulad ng sa mga cars...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Bullbars under fire again...