New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I think I've asked this before...but then im not that sure. My strada has a lot of nicks and dings on the hood...looks sad and annoying. I plan to get it retouched and have bug guards as protection. What do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it works for you then go for it

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ndi kaya.. mas humina ang effectivity ng intercooler mo sa strada... dahil sa bug deflector... ? actuali... ndi po ako sure... tataka lang..

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    They are both.... hood protection and source of additional drag... nagpakabit ako ng hood deflector (EGR) more than a year ago and up to now, wala pa din akong nick sa hood... of course, careful driving also helps such as by avoiding following trucks and buses specially on highways.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buy ka nalang ng clear bra.

Preferably 3M but wala dito, Concorde meron Foliatec na brand.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Bug deflectors are ok they won;t in anyway affect your intercooler intakes. One negative thing though about this product is it's a bit fragile. They are connected by 2 bolts beneath and clips at both tips so any worng force on this item would cause it to break, and they are irrepairable... they can deflect bugs but not stones, it might even deflect the stones towards your windshield. Tama si theveed, buy ka na lang ng bra yun may PUSH UP... hehehe... mas ok yun, just make sure to wax your hood where you will put the bra para it's a bit protected dun sa bra you will put. You will also have to clean it regularly coz dirt and mud will accumulate inside. Good Luck... Hood Guards costs around 2k, Bras i'm not sure...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    O nga no, may hood scoop pala yan, baka di pasukin ng hangin o kaya humina ang pasok. :confused:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I have one installed on my truck's hood. nakikita ko talga na hindi makapag-crash landing mga insekto sa hood ko pati sa windshield. di katulad nung wala pa nito.

gasino na yung drag na iko-cause nito. u ain't gonna be speeding above 100 mph (160kph), are ya?

bra? naah. di maganda sa pintura ng kotse in the long run.

wala pa akong cases na narinig na natanggalan ng bug shield maski dalwang screws lang ang nagho-hold. dapat nga mas hindi kayanin ng screws yung sa akin dahil chrome ang bug shield ko eh.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    snyc3: I'm not referring to the traditional bras, i'm referring to these:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/care/112_0401_cc/

http://carstyling.azoshop.com/shu_sh...0&id=414&oka=3|3|6|80|&s=1&sid=72c20a59eff79a7e57a2fbc98d97163a

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks for the input guys. I'm quite confused talaga. if it compromises engine performance, I'd rather not get one. if its only for bugs, I guess it doesn't serve my need to protect my hood from small rocks. hehe The bras are a good alternative though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
bug guards? Hood protection or more drag?