New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Hey guys,
    Our van(98 L200 spacegear diesel version) is near 65k PMS.

Ayoko magpaservice sa casa since yun Mitsu casa sa dito sa amin is very bad in terms of service.

Anyway, aside from the change oil... is it normally time for diesel engines to replace the air filter, fuel filter aside from the oil filter? Ano pa papalitan? Wala kase service manual nor any sort of documentation(such as service receipts) since we got it 2nd hand.

Also may problema ako sa brakes. Napansin ko lang that when I start the van and for the first few kilometers of travel medyo may squeaking sound sa brakes. After that nawawala. I had it checked a month ago and nirephase yun front disk brakes. I'm planning to change the brake pads kase baka sya yun problema. Ngayon naman, may ibang sound ako napansin. Yun tipong naririnig mo yun brake clamps engaging when you step on the brakes. Dont know kung yun clamps ang may problema or lubrication lang.

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Cards,

Hope this helps, is it a clanking sound, if it is, it's just like mine, when I am in slow drive and pressing the brake, I am hearing a clanking sound, so I had it checked with a mechanic and what he did was tighten the clips, and it's solved... Try having it checked by a mechanic and have it tightened...

Gregg

3. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Originally posted by Cardo818
    Hey guys,

Also may problema ako sa brakes. Napansin ko lang that when I start the van and for the first few kilometers of travel medyo may squeaking sound sa brakes. After that nawawala. I had it checked a month ago and nirephase yun front disk brakes. I'm planning to change the brake pads kase baka sya yun problema. Ngayon naman, may ibang sound ako napansin. Yun tipong naririnig mo yun brake clamps engaging when you step on the brakes. Dont know kung yun clamps ang may problema or lubrication lang.

thanks!
    Nawala na ba squeaking sound? What was done para mawala?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    di ko pa na paayos, maybe by next week... don't worry i'll update you

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sa pagkakaalala ko sa revo ng erpats ko at 60K pms, meron sira sa brake din, ginamitan lang ng cyclinder repair kit and naayos naman...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i suggest you have it serviced one time at the casa, just to be sure. then you can look around while you are there and take note of what is required in your succeeding PMS schedule. then try to get your hands on a service manual or even just the manual. then you can go to a reputable shop, other than the casa sa next pms mo.

andy

brake prob& 65k PMS(What to replace?)