New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I know this isn't as critical for 4x4's as it is for the speeders.

Whats a good option for a Gen I pajero SWB?

Should I stick to OEM? Whats a good brand for replacements? Where to buy and how much?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im going for Bendix for my next set. That's what we use on the Benzes. I think that's what we used on our former GEN I LWB dati.

Php 1,500.00 siya sa GEN II, eh. But I think this price is for all 4 wheels (disc brakes).

Mas importante pa ang brakes on our rigs as they are on those little fast cars because we are heavier and we have big tires. Stopping distances ng SUV's ay usually longer than cars if the initial speed were the same.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    try mo QFM, i use them and they are better than oem. available sa RATS.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    How much are QFM pads? Saan gawa to?

RATS Katipunan is just down the road from here. I'll check it out na rin. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Are all GEN II's 4wheel disc brakes? Is the advantage the same? Anybody try converting the rear brakes of a GEN I to disks?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    to convert it would entail a lot of changes better stick to your orig ones.

pads would be in the range of 3k, it is made in australia.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    How about yung EBC pads ? Okay ba yun ? Kita ko kasi sa ads sa C! magazine.... How much kaya ito ?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regardless of car size and speed... brakes are very important. As aforementioned, with SUV's, their size, weight, and height would mean you'll need stronger brakes much more then a small car IMO.

If i got it right and the QFM pads go for 3K and it does improve a lot over stock... those are cheap already. EBC pads cost more then that but they are very good and they're easy on the brake rotors (meaning they dont eat up teh rotors unlike some metallic pads).

If you're on a tight budget, Bendix Metal Kings are a good choice.

Upgrading the rears to disks would not really be that important a mod IMO since its the front brakes that do most of the braking... Upgrading the front pads to better ones would be a better option then going through the hassle of a rear disk upgrade.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bendix gamit namin sa mga cars namin...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ironarch,
    Four wheel disc brakes ang GEN II (local) although may mga imported (e.g. China) na drums pa din sa likod.

Yung rear discs may built in drum brakes sa gitna which acts as the parking brakes.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Brake pads?