New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Ano pros and cons of having a body lift? Is it ok to have a 4x2 pick-up lifted? I replaced my wheels and tires and I'm getting major wheel rub(on tight turns) on the mud guards but also on the fender flare albiet only a small part of it. Whats the ideal lift? one shop says 3 inches after giving him my tire specs, others only recommended 2. Although I don't have plans for it right now(since it's relatively pricey). One shop suggested adjusting the torsion bar and adding shackles to the rear leafs but I think TB adjustment won't fix the front wheel rubbing...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yong fuego namin, pinabody lift, it was ok until 5 years later...

naputol ang shift stick -- there we found out that it was cut and welded, stock kasi would be shorter and it has to be bended pa!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    what tire size nilagay mo? sa d-max ba yan? try to adjust torsion bar first and shave bump stops.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    same rim size, 16's but malaki offset and bigger tires from 245/70 16 to 265/70 16.

whats the max lift increase ng torsion bar?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    possible pa yung torsion bar crank up and shackles

kasi yung prado 90 ko dati nag palit ako ng masmalapad na tires nag rub sa mud guards full right and left turn...so nag lift ako ng 2 inch sa suspension palit ako ng coil springs...which nawala yung rubbing..

last option mo lang yung body lift...pangit kasi sa body lift lumilitaw yung chasis hehehe parang litaw skeleton

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    redhorse,

yan yun isa sa mga fears ko sa body lifting... yun may puputulin tas welding uli.

jeepcruizer... panget ba body lift hehehe kung may kit lang sana sa dmax hehehe. kaso wala sa 4x2 eh... nainspect ko yun fender and mud guards ko, ala na yun pintura ng fender hehehe... andun lang ngayon sa bahay nakatambay yun kotse di ko magamit hehe

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    one thing going for the body lift option is that you still retain the stock suspension settings of your vehicle.

it is also less expensive.

a friend of mine has a lot of experience doing suspension and body lifts but he has not done a dmax 4x2 yet.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    hey guys,

ok lang kaya kung old man emu shocks palit sa harap then, extended shackles sa rear?

what you think?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diesoline,
    saan yung kilala mong nagbobodylift?

try mo muna i-crank yung torsion bars and extend yung shackles. pag hindi kaya ng orig shocks mo, bago mo palitan. mahal rin kasi ang shocks e
    Last edited by tebs; June 4th, 2005 at 11:02 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    tebs: jeff cu of jeff's 4x4 shop in baguio city. he has a listing in tsikot.net.

this is an fj40 he was modding several weeks ago.

Last edited by diesoline; June 4th, 2005 at 11:15 PM. Reason: edit info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Body Lifting