New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    has anyone tried using the said shocks in a pajero? what are the pros and cons? which one is closest to a car like ride?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajeroboy,
    all aftermarket shock absobers are stiffer than stock shocks,
    stiffer but not harsh, i busted my rancho 5000 within a year, pajerokid busted his OME within 1 1/2 years

baka maghintay tayo ng matagal sa bilstein dahil mukhang matibay.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas' Bilsteins are still alive even after all that ball-bustin' off-roading he does. Personally, Bilsteins are my favorite although they're pretty expensive.

The OME's on our Cruiser really ride comfy. I don't know how it will stand up to punishment as the most off-road work our Cruiser does is towing a trailer on unmaintained farm roads.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup OTEP is right gumanda ang ride ng trooper ko when I made an OME complete suspension upgrade. Although I dont offroad much so ok lang for city driving.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    huhu, Boss Kimps...what brand are you using now with the strading?

where can you buy OME?

Bilstein are expensive ( 7k ) ...pero naalala ko sinabi ni Boss Ungas....masisira na daw sasakyan nandoon parin ang bilstein hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you have to budget to spare, hands down Bilstein on all fours. But hey, OME, Ranchos, TJMs & ProComp shocks don't come in cheap too.

Bilstein, much stiffer and more control on maneuverings. On my own perception, I like the suspension stiffer.

OME, too soft for my settings. But durable enough for offroad and city use.

Rancho, there are 3 models to choose from. I have only used 5000 in our van which was city driven most of the time.

ProComp, most feedbacks I heard they are produced for rock climbing which doesn't really need much support from shocks.

Koni, numerous good reports for city and offroad use. 2nd best to Bilstein.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    KYB ang gamit ko sa front. mura lang
    600-800 each

kapag nasira ang rancho ko sa rear, malamang KYB na ulit.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    thanks for the replies.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    ungas,

would i really feel the difeerence between the stock shocks and bilstein? malayo ba from the sotck ride?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Im using OME ( Old Man Emu ) for my Gen 2.5. Nag improve ang driving comfort.
    Last edited by levi; March 24th, 2004 at 01:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Bilstein, Rancho or OME