New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. lordtrunks Guest
    HI, I was wondering if i could put a bigger turbo on to my 83 2.3 TD Mitsu pickup engine it has the TC05-10A-4CM2 turbo right now i was wondering what the next step up would be? I'm looking for a bolt on i really don't wanna have a custom manifold made

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa US model puedeng-puede....pero sa local bomalabs yan....just remember the check out the innards of your engine baka hindi kayahin ang bigger pressure from the bigger turbo.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    with a bigger turbo you will have more turbo lag at low rpm's and since diesels are not high revving engines is suggest that you maintain your current turbo. to increase its power try to increase the boost, install bigger pipes after the turbo, change the muffler to free flow type, change air filter to low restriction type. and if some pies leading to the engine from the turbo are rubber change them to metal. and if you can add an intercooler it will help a lot.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1) bigger turbo (vis-a-vis stock) means substantial turbo lag!
    2) ARB is correct, try installing an electronic turbo boost controller (preferably with boost guage already) and then increase the boost.
    3) if your budget can handle it, you can have your engine innards (pistons, piston rings and pins, connecting rods, cylinder valves etc...) ceramic coated so you will not worry about whether your engine can handle the extra boost.
    4) if your budget can still handle it, always use synthetic engine oil.
    5) look at changing/modifying your rig's breathing system (air intake and exhaust).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir woodfire,

how much would the ceramic coating cost and where is this service available?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tebs
    sir woodfire,

how much would the ceramic coating cost and where is this service available?
    Sa U.S., almost all machine shops can do it. Dito sa Pinas, eh PRECISION lang ang alam ko na nakakagawa niyan. Right now, I am having my engine (BMW E36 320i) ceramic coated by Precision because I installed a turbo and increased its stock boost.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't think lordtrunks understands Filipino very much. He's from the Pajero forums of www.outdoorwire.com (pinoy99 is from the Isuzu Forums of the same site). :mrgreen:

Welcome lordtrunks!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. lordtrunks Guest
    Yep Otep is right i can only read english and some Japanese, thanks for the reply's i found this kit http://www.turbofast.com.au/4d56.html sounds like its a pretty good thing what do you guys think its for the 2.3 and the 2.5.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check if your stock fuel system, cooling system, compression, internals, etc... can take the added boost from a larger turbo. Working on your intake and exhaust system can add some "oooomph" to your stock system. Turbo engines are generally more responsive to such mods.

I went to VW Precision with a friend to have an engine block hydrotested a few months back... They seem to be very competent with the works they do (ceramic coating, headworks, etc...) but its a costly process as well. Its located on Roces Ave. in QC.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Holy cow, the Ray Hall kit makes more power than the OEM turbo engine. I wonder how it compares to an turbo intercooled 4D56? I'm to lazy to convert kw to HP. :mrgreen:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Bigger Turbo?