New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi guys I'm planning to buy a brand new pick up na low variant pang negosyo lang and mababa ang maintenance and fuel consumption. Can you help me guys choose between Isuzu d-max lt, Nissan frontier and ford ranger xl. This 3 are not CRDI engines can you tell me the pros aand cons of this vehicle, and by the way my budget is only 850k.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Being a Frontier driver for six years (2000-2006), it's one very capable, easy to maintain workhorse. In the 80,000kms i've had it, all it needed was regular servicing, you drive it hard at least once a week to keep the engine clear of black sooth so it doesnt smoke even at redline under load, and the parts i only replaced was the shocks and one balljoint (warranty repair). The ride is harsh but i did some minor mods to make it better (reverse the rear helper spring). Fuel consumption was at 9-10km/L in city driving and 12-14km/L on the highway.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the frontier has the highest engine displacement between the 3, parts are not quite as easy as the 4ja1. don't know about the ford though. but having owned the first batch of the nissans w/c was called the power pikup then in the early 90's, i can say that they are as tough as advertised. i guess the rust bucket issue on the frontier has been addressed already.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by loidch View Post
    the frontier has the highest engine displacement between the 3, parts are not quite as easy as the 4ja1. don't know about the ford though. but having owned the first batch of the nissans w/c was called the power pikup then in the early 90's, i can say that they are as tough as advertised. i guess the rust bucket issue on the frontier has been addressed already.
    The Frontier never had rust issues except on the battery tray if you're using a non-MF battery which spills its acid. Only the 1991 to 1995 Power Pickup. Parts are easily available as the TD27 shares engines with the popular Urvan. The TD27 also runs on a timing chain BTW.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The Frontier never had rust issues except on the battery tray if you're using a non-MF battery which spills its acid. Only the 1991 to 1995 Power Pickup. Parts are easily available as the TD27 shares engines with the popular Urvan. The TD27 also runs on a timing chain BTW.
    i still prefer the direct injected td25 w/ timing gears though. why did umc phase out these engines?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sier04 View Post
    Hi guys I'm planning to buy a brand new pick up na low variant pang negosyo lang and mababa ang maintenance and fuel consumption. Can you help me guys choose between Isuzu d-max lt, Nissan frontier and ford ranger xl. This 3 are not CRDI engines can you tell me the pros aand cons of this vehicle, and by the way my budget is only 850k.
    I'd say its a toss up between the Nissan Bravado and the Isuzu DMax LT.

How about this?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do they still sell 2 door pickups?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ I saw one, 2012 (had TQ*-xxx plates) strada lwb. 2-door with a longer bed

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Nissan Frontier Bravado na lang sir. I used to own a Nissan Eagle with BD25 Engine. I think parehas ng size lang sila ng bed? diba pang negosyo? so pili ka ng mas mahaba bed. sa mga ka era ng eagle ko ang mahaba bed is L200 eh.correct me if im wrong. ok din yung KIA na nasa top.or just choose Canter na 4 Doors pick up.

best low variant pick up