New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I'm Wondering Why Back-up Sensor's are not a standard on Brand new pick up in the market today.

I'm seeing Majority of Pickup have dents on their bumper. because its really difficult to reverse park your vehicle.

Because me my self a pickup owner needs to buy a backup sensor as accessory for my pickup and seeing prices go up, most of pick-up prices range from 800K-1.4M.....Toyota HiluX, Strada, Isuzu DMAX, Nissan Navara

So with its price margin ..maybe our Pick-up Industry needs to step up.

just my two cents

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    siguro kailangan nating magparamdam sa mga dealer na all the more mas kailangan natin yung backup sensor as standard feature given na mas mahaba ang body ng mga pickups.

i myself dented my bumper inside mall of asia level parking. madilim na kasi then mahaba pa yung sasakyan, more likely tatamaan talaga ang aluminum bumper.

sana nakikinig yung mga dealers.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Plus cheap lang ang audio/sound feedback na backup sensors. From P 1,000 to less than P 2,000 only.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by digg View Post
    siguro kailangan nating magparamdam sa mga dealer na all the more mas kailangan natin yung backup sensor as standard feature given na mas mahaba ang body ng mga pickups.

i myself dented my bumper inside mall of asia level parking. madilim na kasi then mahaba pa yung sasakyan, more likely tatamaan talaga ang aluminum bumper.

sana nakikinig yung mga dealers.

exactly my Pickup had its first dent when i was parking while raining hard, so di ako maka baba to check because of the rain, then yun...dent agad.

mapapansin mo mga pickup sa kalsada puro dent ang rear bumpers nila.

we just need to keep the topic active..para marinig, ill send a few emails sa mga local dealers regarding this issue.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Precisely why they don't install backup sensors, the rear bumper always gets bumped. :D
    Kidding aside, pickups are considered the workhorses in the car industries. More often than not they are subjected to abuse plus you'll see them in the most unlikely places like mountains roads, forest and crowded areas loading and unloading deliveries, etc. I guess this is what the manufacturers had in mind when they ofted not to install these sensors. You can install after market backup sensors though. They are cheap and they come in multiple (audible and visual) displays.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    just for comparison regarding Fortuner G & V with backup sensor installed

If you buy a Fortuner G variant you dont get a backup sensor. 1.2M-1.3M
    but buying a Fortuner V variant you get a free backup sensor worth 1.6M

i did not get the logic for this G variant don't need such sensor.

they look the same the only difference is 4x4 & 4x2

Yes Pickup are Workhorses, but does it looses its Workhorse status having a backup sensor installed? just to protect the owner from having unwanted bumps ?

can anyone post the current backup sensor prices & variants sound &display type

thanks

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    does anyone know the current prices backup sensors (sound type & display type) in banaue

thanks

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They're supposed to be workhorses... meaning, they'll get dinged, dented, loaded, run through floodwater, etcetera... stuff which might be damaging to the delicate sensors mounted in the bumper (added complication... trucks have steel rear bumpers... not plastic ones, which are easier to put the sensors into... and some lower models of pickup have no rear bumper, so there's no place to put them at all.

-

Back when I started driving, back-up sensors were already standard on cars. They were called common-sense and parking boys. The only time I ever back into anything is when I'm trying to fit a big car into a really tight space, and I'm trying to get closer than 6 inches to the wall. When I'm on a really tight street, I also park so close to the wall that I can't unfold the side-mirror on the wall side. :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I'd rather have a back-up camera.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crayz View Post
    I'm Wondering Why Back-up Sensor's are not a standard on Brand new pick up in the market today.
    Reverse Sensors are STANDARD for ISUZU's D-Max LS and Boondock variants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Back-up Sensors a Standard on All Brand New Pick-up Truck & other vehicle