New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you ever experienced something like this:

1. When running 100 to 120kph, breaking down slowly to reduce speed will in turn make your vehicle shake as in shaking that the wiper blades also shake.

2. Squeaky fan belts.

3. Although making an 18 L/km, engine tends to respond late on stop and go like motion. I know it's and A/T but this is different.

Replies would be highly appreciated.

Doc Diesel

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Havent experienced that with our car. ITs a Carnival M/T though.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We dont have a Sedona but i've driven one before (2001 model, automatic)... I noticed that the engine really lags from when you accelerate from standstill. I think part of it could be due to the weight as I read before in C/D that the Sedona is quite heavy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope, haven't experienced those conditions, but ours has a manual tranny too.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    sa akin naman starex 99 a/t....mdyo similar ito sa carnival, ewan ko lang sa sedona na u.s made......same tayo sa breaks.... kapag 100 mph takbo mo lalo na sa highway....pag inapakan mo break pedal mangiginig talaga ang buong car.... i think this is normal due to the vans weight.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mk
    sa akin naman starex 99 a/t....mdyo similar ito sa carnival, ewan ko lang sa sedona na u.s made......same tayo sa breaks.... kapag 100 mph takbo mo lalo na sa highway....pag inapakan mo break pedal mangiginig talaga ang buong car.... i think this is normal due to the vans weight.
    100 mph = 166+ kph

man, given the condition of the NLEX, i never got my van to go that fast

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    carnival A/T , no shuddering when braking from 100 kph, average fuel consumption is 9-10 kilometers/liter, but my belts are squeaky when i start it the morning, once it has warmed up. wala na? anyway why did you ask?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    00 carnival a/t 88,000

no squeaky belts (replaced at 65t km)
    shuddering brakes only at really low speeds
    consumption 10kpl highway 7kpl city

engine responds late if
    (a.) You are used to a gasoline vehicle or
    (b.) your air filter is really dirty and is clogged na. replace it na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe doc diesel has a safety concern for us carnival/sedona owners. lets here him out.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doc Diesel::: This may offer some kind of help:

1. Brake pads not balanced due to wear and tear. Does your unit have drum at the rear? If so, rear pads have tendencies of uneven wear resulting heavy vehicle shaking. Try to change brake pads. Or have the front discs check for any warp.

2. Squeaky fan belts, it maybe adjusted too tight for the belts or a pulley is misaligned.

3. Restricted stock filters? Too high back pressure from exhaust pipes? Wait a minute here... you were suppose to check the fuel delivery system at your shop right? :lol:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Attn: Sedona Owners