New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hi! can you guys tell me more about this jeep? ok ba? matibay? reliability? parts? kalawangin ba? malakas sa diesel etc? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    reliability? very reliable. nde pa ako tinirik nito, execpt for a leaking clutch master before, which was easily replaced.

parts. engine and transmission are very easy to find. The engine of the Rocsta is a R2 2.2 Diesel engine, which is the same engine being used by the 1980s Mazda B2200 Pickup and the 2.2 Kia Besta. So engine parts are very easy to find.
    It also uses Kia/Mazda parts for brakes, clutch, and transmission. so either u can have a same parts with kia or mazda oem numbers.

Kalawangin? theres rust here and there. but nothing major

the only thing i have to order sa aboard is the balljoints. can seem to find, havent really scouted pa similar looking balljoint sa mga truch and auto supply

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hay salamat...akala ko mawawala na lang itong thread hehehe...

anyways...
    how about ride comfort naman? where did you buy your rocksta? im considering buying one kasi...or yun korando na wrangler look alike

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    korando looks very old, and engine parts are much harder to find, both for the petrol and diesel versions of it.

Ride? trucks will behave like a truck, but you can put softer shocks if you want to lessen the stiff suspension. In shorts, maalog at matagtag ang rocsta, pwede i replace and shocks with softer ones, pag gusto mo medyo comfortable.

Got mine from a friend.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks. parang feroza din pala ito

can you pls post pics of your rocksta? anong year model sya? i am also aware na madami palang modelo yan mukhang mapapabili ako ng rocksta ah

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    feroza looks nice, pero i have already made up my mind that its indeed a paruza.

my friend who sold me the has a feroza, hehehe lagi sira, something is wrong like di naaubsan ng problema.

two models and rocsta

Rocsta 1 or the 1990 which is a cj-5 wrangler clone. same engine but has a p etrol version watch out ka sa petrol version kasi wala ka parts nito, get the 2.2 R2 version.
    may soft top and hard top

Rocsta 2 or R2, the 1996 version, newer look, nde na square fendered, same engine. The front suspension different from the R1 especially sa tie rod and balljoint.

If I were get the Rocsta 2 or R2, or better look at both the pics ng Rocsta 1 and Rocsta 2 and compare then decide.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just been looking at some ads and a 2000 Rocsta Jeep , 4X4 , 2.2L diesel is available for 128K. I keep wondering why the price is a bit low and thinking something must be wrong or bad about the vehicle, and maybe the usual unavailablity of spare parts... Now , seems like its a good deal.
    Did some internet search and it does have some potentials .
    Thanks for the inputs.
    Regards

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    theres not such thing as 2000 rocsta, maybe it was registered here sa LTO natin 2000, kasi imported.

basically it can be a R1 or a R2, and R2 model of rocsta go for 180 to 240k sa subic last time i checked. The R1 or the cj-5 clone go for 150 - 180.

spares are not really a problem, give or tke some p arts that are specific to rocksta. 90% of the parts are shared wid kia and mazda.

My door handle and steering column switch for example are exactly the same with Kia pride LOL

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mojo, I came across a thread at 4X4ph concerning the rocsta and I assume that this is the same rocsta that you have. Really an interesting read. I might find myself in that situation wherein I have a choice of a Vitara or that rocsta if it checks out to be a good find. Just need it for a little mild offroading. Too bad , I'm still out of the country so I can't check out the unit.
    You mentioned that it'll be hard to source the balljoints and you would be kind enough if you still have the part number for it so I can check if available in my present location. What else are the important parts that are not available in the Phil. ?
    Anyway, would you prefer a rocsta over a vitara as a recreational vehicle?
    Any suggestion on what to look for / in checking out thr rocsta ?
    Thanks again.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    pitbullz. would you kindly post your feedback on the rocsta if you ever decide to get one and post pictures.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
asia rocksta