New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I sure am! :mrgreen:

I have this silly grin on my face today, seeing all those guys hesitating.

I'd love to see the faces of those guys thinking we are freaks for lifting and putting big tires on our vehicle.

I have a question lang for the 4x4 gurus,
    Can I shift to 4 low on flooded pavement?
    kasi gusto lang mag regulate ng speed and minimize shifting, kasi we all know it's a no-no on dry pavement, how about sa wet pavement?
    auto hub kasi yung sa akin not manual hub

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes you can, but why bother? you can always use 1st gear on 2H. i missed my suv. sana lumabas na bukas.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di pa ba tapos yung safari mo?

saya nga dumaan sa may matubig na lugar e, lalo na pagnagliliparan yung tubig! :mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, mas masarap siya due to the ride better height which offers better view of the road. Cons lang niya is not so good road handling due to high center of gravity.

You can shift it to 4L kahit baha pero pwede na 4H or even 2L.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hybrid,
    I'm glad. But I wish my Pajero was back in action. Driving a gas-powered Cruiser through floods gives me the jitters. Parang hindi siya as water tolerant as my diesel.

Shifting to 4L is ok as long as what you are fording does not involve sharp curves. Ang advantage nito is the engine will rev high as you cross the water dahil sa low gears and the engine braking is superb.

Just remember to shift the transfer case only while the vehicle is completely stopped.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    afrasay,
    kasi sa 2H 1st gear mabilis pa rin takbo ko, I'm trying to minimize stepping on the clutch

rodyok,
    I don't have 2L

otep,
    galing kanina sinasabayan ko yung mga bus and 10-wheeler, thrill talaga, medyo excited na kinakabahan
    sorry guys, this is my 1st time to go thru a flood in a suv and equipt w/ proper knowledge, kaya pagbigyan niyo ako kung masyado akong excited. hehehe :mrgreen:
    I'll inform you as soon as I get a price for the compressor pala

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    harhahrharhar.........

NUF SAID!!!!!!!:mrgreen::wink:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uy ako din.
    agree ako dyan.
    =)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rain or shine.. sobrang sulit na sa aking yung pick-up ko... kahit 4x2 lang siya. It gives you added confidence talaga when you have to venture out on rainy days like today. However, if i can still avoid the floods, i avoid them.

I wonder how the lowered racer cars feel on days like these? :wink:

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    iba tlga if ur driving a diesel high roller these days! d feeling of confidence is nice. pag ganitong panahon, we dont really use our sedans, kawawa lang yung mga auto. mahirap talagang maabutan ng baha kung saan-saan. :D

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Aren't you glad you drive a SUV/high riding vehicle?