New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    According to TopGear (Nov 05), the Tucson is riduculously small for a compact SUV.
    From my understanding, the Tucson is a compact SUV while the Fortuner and Sorento are mid-sized SUVs. Ka-level ng Tucson ang CRV, Rav4, X-trail and Escape.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz
    the crv is a very reliable & convenient suv, however it is due to undergo major changes to match the changes in RAV4, meaning that if you'll get the current crv, luma na agad ang ride mo in the very near future...
    That's true. But in the Philippines, it is expected to come out by 2007. The new Civic came already in the US and look how long it is taking to get here.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rj_tim
    From my understanding, the Tucson is a compact SUV while the Fortuner and Sorento are mid-sized SUVs. Ka-level ng Tucson ang CRV, Rav4, X-trail and Escape.
    Alanganin kasi ang sizes ng Hyundai / Kia.

Yung Sorento is between a compact and midsize SUV.

Yung Tucson / Sportage is smaller (by a bit) than the regular compact SUV. Though sa boot area lang naman noticeable. Pero sa passenger seating, halos same lang naman.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    IMO talking about reliability, go for Toyota or Honda. The CRV (Realtime 4wd if available)is a best buy for the buck, in terms of safety, build quality and technology. I have driven a Sorento here in the US (V6, 4wd) and i find the cabin too tight considering its outside dimensions, too generic handling and lots of cheap plastic inside. i'm not sure if Nissan X-trail same as the US X-terra?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ebojr
    IMO talking about reliability, go for Toyota or Honda. The CRV (Realtime 4wd if available)is a best buy for the buck, in terms of safety, build quality and technology. I have driven a Sorento here in the US (V6, 4wd) and i find the cabin too tight considering its outside dimensions, too generic handling and lots of cheap plastic inside. i'm not sure if Nissan X-trail same as the US X-terra?
    Its not the same. The X-Trail is a compact SUV based on a car platform. While the Xterra is much bigger in size than a X-Trail.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    New RAV4, CRV, Fortuner, X3, X-Trail...kahit alin

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medyo masikip talaga Sorento dahil ladder frame siya with all vital components tucked in (nothing dangling below). A Nissan Patrol GQ also has a tiny cabin relative to its outside dimensions due to the frame architecture.

If you are not planning on taking on the beaten path. A front wheel drive cute ute will do.

Or why not just get a station wagon or minivan? They're cheaper and serve virtually the same purpose minus the 'porma' factor associated with SUVs.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    it depends on your lifestyle.

if you are going rugged, then get a suzuki or a pajero field master or a Nissan Patrol. but i'll put my money with Suzuki still.

but if you are inclined to little or no off-roading then get a soft-roader (CRV, RAV4, Escape, X-Trail)

you can also consider korean makes. Sorrento or Santa Fe. of the two, i prefer the Sorrento in terms of styling.

or get an american made cherokee...

but if you want to be distinguished: get something special: Forester.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Nissan X-Trail for daily use.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Clearly the discussion isn't limited to CUVs, so here's my opinion.

It's a toss up between the new Rav4 and the Fortuner. IMHO you can't go wrong with either one.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Anong pinakamagandang compact SUV